Lynne Spears Comments on Britney's "Just Saying" Post

4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If anything, I think she's been protecting her other children...Bryan played a large role in the beginnings of the conservatorship and possibly the mismanagement of Britney's money prior to it. (Vivian has never specified who mismanaged Britney's money. She just said that it was mismanaged. And she tends to cover her *** legally.)

Jamie Lynn has been sucked into her own mess with the SJB Revocable Trust and Lou's management of it.

Lynne played her own role at the start, for which her hands are dirty...But still.

We know from both David Lucado and Adnan Ghalib that Jamie had them both tailed...Adnan was stabbed, and David called the police twice because he was nervous for his own safety.

Only those around Jamie know what he's truly capable of.

Lynne supported it for years. In her book she said the conservatorship "seemed like an impossible dream". That's how starry-eyed she was at the prospect of being able to legally restrain her daughter. She displayed no ambivalence about what anyone else would find a moral quandary. Nobody knows when she started having reservations about it, and that's on her. She could have had one thing going for her, and that was being in the public eye. That goes for all of them. Jamie would have been powerless with the cameras on him for a change. Not to mention if they acted in a coordinated way. Any one of them could have done what Lyndsey Lohan's father did, and he didn't have their resources. He just has a higher IQ than all of them put together. And infinitely more compassion. Imagine if they just all got together on it. They didn't because the prevailing view for them was what Bryan said: "The conservatorship has been very good for our family." When people tell you who they are, believe them.

Lynne was like a lot of people, she figured out what was in it for her. Like telling her friend she preferred Jamie doing it, because he'd take the blame. There is nothing to admire or pity here. Just a chance to be grateful that she finally got lucid enough on the situation to pull herself out of the mud and find a decent lawyer to finally speak up for her imprisoned daughter and say what she should have said when Britney was 26. It's Britney who got herself out of this, though. How many desperate conversations did she have with Lynne before Lynne would actually make a move? It doesn't bear thinking about.

What mismanagement of the money was there? They always say that. Britney put all her assets in a trust they didn't have access to, worth 600 million. Maybe what they didn't like was she was managing her money all too well.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Psammead said:

Lynne supported it for years. In her book she said the conservatorship "seemed like an impossible dream". That's how starry-eyed she was at the prospect of being able to legally restrain her daughter. She displayed no ambivalence about what anyone else would find a moral quandary. Nobody knows when she started having reservations about it, and that's on her. She could have had one thing going for her, and that was being in the public eye. That goes for all of them. Jamie would have been powerless with the cameras on him for a change. Not to mention if they acted in a coordinated way. Any one of them could have done what Lyndsey Lohan's father did, and he didn't have their resources. He just has a higher IQ than all of them put together. And infinitely more compassion. Imagine if they just all got together on it. They didn't because the prevailing view for them was what Bryan said: "The conservatorship has been very good for our family." When people tell you who they are, believe them.

Lynne was like a lot of people, she figured out what was in it for her. Like telling her friend she preferred Jamie doing it, because he'd take the blame. There is nothing to admire or pity here. Just a chance to be grateful that she finally got lucid enough on the situation to pull herself out of the mud and find a decent lawyer to finally speak up for her imprisoned daughter and say what she should have said when Britney was 26. It's Britney who got herself out of this, though. How many desperate conversations did she have with Lynne before Lynne would actually make a move? It doesn't bear thinking about.

What mismanagement of the money was there? They always say that. Britney put all her assets in a trust they didn't have access to, worth 600 million. Maybe what they didn't like was she was managing her money all too well.

Bryan admits in this interview that he was the "top cop" of Britney's money straight through from 2003 until 2009.

If that's the case, who is responsible for the WEG lawsuit?

15 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Bryan admits in this interview that he was the "top cop" of Britney's money straight through from 2003 until 2009.

If that's the case, who is responsible for the WEG lawsuit?

I feel like this is a red herring in the topic of Lynne, and part of me wants to say in answer to your question, "who cares?" But actually, I am very interested in the business aspect and the legal aspect of this whole thing. Although I'm not so interested that I can figure out what the difference is between the lawsuits. But Britney isn't the only artist who is plagued by these things or who has to contend with management doing shady things. Look at Alanis Morrisette, losing a lot of her money to a manager. Same thing happened to Leonard Cohen. The Beatles. It's rampant in the industry. 

As far as Bryan goes, while I know nothing, I do have the sense that he was trying to be a bona fide businessman. I think he has a degree in business or something. But he didn't seem to be looking out for Britney, in a fundamental sense. Jamie is just so small time, he'll sign away $500,000 for Lou Taylor in a text, and nickel and dime Britney on painting her cabinets.  I would sure like to know what happened with that trust, why Bryan and the other guy seemed to surrender it to Jamie.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Psammead said:

I feel like this is a red herring in the topic of Lynne, and part of me wants to say in answer to your question, "who cares?" But actually, I am very interested in the business aspect and the legal aspect of this whole thing. Although I'm not so interested that I can figure out what the difference is between the lawsuits. But Britney isn't the only artist who is plagued by these things or who has to contend with management doing shady things. Look at Alanis Morrisette, losing a lot of her money to a manager. Same thing happened to Leonard Cohen. The Beatles. It's rampant in the industry. 

As far as Bryan goes, while I know nothing, I do have the sense that he was trying to be a bona fide businessman. I think he has a degree in business or something. But he didn't seem to be looking out for Britney, in a fundamental sense. Jamie is just so small time, he'll sign away $500,000 for Lou Taylor in a text, and nickel and dime Britney on painting her cabinets.  I would sure like to know what happened with that trust, why Bryan and the other guy seemed to surrender it to Jamie.

That's just the thing.

I believe this could be a the very root of all of Britney's problems...That her own family was mismanaging her money.

The conservatorship very well could have been implemented to right those wrongs and cover up for it...The WEG lawsuit implied that corporations may have been created to divert money in an attempt to cut out payments to Johnny Wright. This occurred between 2003 and 2007 when Bryan was the "top cop" of Britney's finances.

The Brand Sense lawsuit alleged the same thing, but this time it was Jamie doing it...Bryan ducked out as co-Trustee of the SJB Trust very early in the conservatorship, just as this Brand Sense lawsuit was occurring...I'd love to see those court documents to know why he ducked out.

It could be the very reason why Lynne would tell a journalist quite recently that she's "conflicted" over the conservatorship...She may very well know that there's more going on in the background, and that Rosengart's investigation may turn up things that look very bad for both Bryan and Jamie Lynn.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

That's just the thing.

I believe this could be a the very root of all of Britney's problems...That her own family was mismanaging her money.

The conservatorship very well could have been implemented to right those wrongs and cover up for it...The WEG lawsuit implied that corporations may have been created to divert money in an attempt to cut out payments to Johnny Wright. This occurred between 2003 and 2007 when Bryan was the "top cop" of Britney's finances.

The Brand Sense lawsuit alleged the same thing, but this time it was Jamie doing it...Bryan ducked out as co-Trustee of the SJB Trust very early in the conservatorship, just as this Brand Sense lawsuit was occurring...I'd love to see those court documents to know why he ducked out.

It could be the very reason why Lynne would tell a journalist quite recently that she's "conflicted" over the conservatorship...She may very well know that there's more going on in the background, and that Rosengart's investigation may turn up things that look very bad for both Bryan and Jamie Lynn.

It's not clear that he did "duck out", though, on his own initiative. I believe I read that he disputed his removal and then capitulated, maybe because he got a settlement. Just because he calls himself the "top cop" doesn't mean he was. I'm not defending him at all, there's just too many people around to know. In the second lawsuit, Jamie's name comes up specifically, but I don't think Bryan is singled out in the first. I'm with you on being interested in what was happening in the background of the trust maneuvering.

I don't know what you're saying here. You're suggesting that the conservatorship wanted to "right those wrongs"? Boy, that's really giving Jamie unwarranted credit. Where there's a lot of money, there's a lot of lawsuits. Skechers was taking Britney to court, too. I have no doubt other artists were in similar legal circumstances at the time. It was shameful that the court allowed them to run away with the argument that she couldn't be trusted with the money she was earning.

When Britney was 23, she had that trust set up. It was suggested somewhere that that is what rankled the family, that and her talk of taking time off to be a mother. While neither one of us (probably) can prove anything, it does look like they had an unseemly interest from the beginning on getting their hands on that trust, which was protected from them for a long time, even under the conservatorship.

Lynne has to say she's conflicted. She liked it fine for years. You seem invested in the notion that her motives were laudable, which is nice of you. But it's a reach.

3 hours ago, Psammead said:

It's not clear that he did "duck out", though, on his own initiative. I believe I read that he disputed his removal and then capitulated, maybe because he got a settlement. Just because he calls himself the "top cop" doesn't mean he was. I'm not defending him at all, there's just too many people around to know. In the second lawsuit, Jamie's name comes up specifically, but I don't think Bryan is singled out in the first. I'm with you on being interested in what was happening in the background of the trust maneuvering.

I don't know what you're saying here. You're suggesting that the conservatorship wanted to "right those wrongs"? Boy, that's really giving Jamie unwarranted credit. Where there's a lot of money, there's a lot of lawsuits. Skechers was taking Britney to court, too. I have no doubt other artists were in similar legal circumstances at the time. It was shameful that the court allowed them to run away with the argument that she couldn't be trusted with the money she was earning.

When Britney was 23, she had that trust set up. It was suggested somewhere that that is what rankled the family, that and her talk of taking time off to be a mother. While neither one of us (probably) can prove anything, it does look like they had an unseemly interest from the beginning on getting their hands on that trust, which was protected from them for a long time, even under the conservatorship.

Lynne has to say she's conflicted. She liked it fine for years. You seem invested in the notion that her motives were laudable, which is nice of you. But it's a reach.

By "right those wrongs" I mean "cover up what Bryan may have done."

I've never seen any of the background documentation regarding Bryan's removal as Co-Trustee of the SJB...If you come across it, would you mind posting it?

And I wouldn't call Lynne's motives laudable...I'm suggesting that Lynne is conflicted because she knows her other children may have committed crimes.

She's sacrificed the freedom of one child for the freedom of another child. Possibly two.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I've never seen any of the background documentation regarding Bryan's removal as Co-Trustee of the SJB...If you come across it, would you mind posting it?

And I wouldn't call Lynne's motives laudable...I'm suggesting that Lynne is conflicted because she knows her other children may have committed crimes.

She's sacrificed the freedom of one child for the freedom of another child. Possibly two.

Sure, if I read something faster than you ...anyway, I'm hoping all will be revealed soon, through Rosengart :)

• Like 1
On 10/28/2021 at 4:29 PM, everybodygoesdown said:

What does it take for someone in this family to just say "What we did was so wrong, I apologize and I hope my daughter/sister can ever forgive me and that I can earn her trust back and be in her life again"

One of the reasons I think they would admit to having done something wrong. And in Britny's case they could be prosecuted.

• Love 3
On 10/29/2021 at 10:09 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

I encourage everyone to watch the movie Sophie’s choice. Lynne is Sophie.:jamie_lynn_grape:

• Haha 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block