Jewel's Joe Rogan Interview is great

Jewel has a 3 hour interview with Joe Rogan on Spotify! They mention Britney a few times. 

Jewel discusses how she moved from a homestead in Alaska to living in a car in San Diego. She also discusses how her mother ended up losing $100 million and she hasn't spoken to her since 2003. Its 3 hours long but VERY WORTH IT! I love Jewel. 

Yall go listen so we can discuss it!

• Love 8

Jewel discusses how she got her record deal - 

her parents divorced and she started playing music in bars with her dad when she was about 10 years old. 

Her dad started hitting her so she left home at 15 to go live with her mom who was supposedly sick in San Diego.

San Diego was too expensive so she couldn't pay her mom's bills - her mom decides they should live in their cars but her mom goes back to Alaska and Jewel stays behind.

Jewel starts playing music in bars for money and gets scouted by Los Angeles execs while they are in San Diego. 

Jewel's mom starts helping with accounting. 

Jewel finds out in 2003 that she is broke and her money is mismanaged. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Jewel discusses how she got her record deal - 

her parents divorced and she started playing music in bars with her dad when she was about 10 years old. 

Her dad started hitting her so she left home at 15 to go live with her mom who was supposedly sick in San Diego.

San Diego was too expensive so she couldn't pay her mom's bills - her mom decides they should live in their cars but her mom goes back to Alaska and Jewel stays behind.

Jewel starts playing music in bars for money and gets scouted by Los Angeles execs while they are in San Diego. 

Jewel's mom starts helping with accounting. 

Jewel finds out in 2003 that she is broke and her money is mismanaged. 

she was broke in 2003 at the peak of her pop success oh my?

i knew her mom messed up with the money but never knew she had 100 million dollars

i read she has a 40 mi net worth these days

• Love 3
1 hour ago, A.a.A said:

It’s a very good interview! Rogan really does know how to have a real, intelligent and thought provoking conversation. 

I love when he was random artists on and goes really in depth with people you’d never expect.

Jewel is far more interesting than I’ve ever thought. She grew up in Alaska living off the land! 

I love her quote about fear, "Fear is deflecting your past on your future."

• Love 3
On 10/28/2021 at 4:29 AM, Jefferson Silva said:

she was broke in 2003 at the peak of her pop success oh my?

i knew her mom messed up with the money but never knew she had 100 million dollars

i read she has a 40 mi net worth these days

She probably exagerrates it by a wide margin. Celebrities dont keep track of their money, or to be more precise, rich people dont. After a certain point of wealth its just too hard to keep track of it, that's why rich people have accountants. I am pretty sure her mom stole a lot of money maybe 20-30 million. But I highly doubt she have as much as 100 million dollars at that point of her career. For one thing, back in the early 2000s it is very rare to hear Celebrities having a 100 million dollars net worth at that time. Even Britney at her peak was worth that much, and I dont think Jewel's tour was raking in as much as Britney was back then. No 2, Jewel never really cared about money. So she never really cared for commercial deals or side business and so on. No 3, its obvious her total album sales wasnt selling nearly as much as Britney was. So its highly impossible she ever make that much. I do believe that her mom did steal from her though, because if she didnt. She would have sued Jewel by now, shes definitely not a mom who cares about her kids since she abandoned her. So I dont think she would care to sue her if the story isnt true. I just dont think she ever was worth that much. It would have been impossible.

Jewel is a great person btw. Very smart at planning how she wants her life/career to be. She doesnt care about fame, she just wants to sing. I think the reason why so many celebrities are unhappy is because, part of them hated fame so much but once you got a taste of fame you are addicted to it. Its like *****. U know ***** makes you unhappy and it mess up your life but you are addicted to it and as much as you hate it you cant live without it. 

20 hours ago, Fixie said:

She probably exagerrates it by a wide margin. Celebrities dont keep track of their money, or to be more precise, rich people dont. After a certain point of wealth its just too hard to keep track of it, that's why rich people have accountants. I am pretty sure her mom stole a lot of money maybe 20-30 million. But I highly doubt she have as much as 100 million dollars at that point of her career. For one thing, back in the early 2000s it is very rare to hear Celebrities having a 100 million dollars net worth at that time. Even Britney at her peak was worth that much, and I dont think Jewel's tour was raking in as much as Britney was back then. No 2, Jewel never really cared about money. So she never really cared for commercial deals or side business and so on. No 3, its obvious her total album sales wasnt selling nearly as much as Britney was. So its highly impossible she ever make that much. I do believe that her mom did steal from her though, because if she didnt. She would have sued Jewel by now, shes definitely not a mom who cares about her kids since she abandoned her. So I dont think she would care to sue her if the story isnt true. I just dont think she ever was worth that much. It would have been impossible.

Jewel is a great person btw. Very smart at planning how she wants her life/career to be. She doesnt care about fame, she just wants to sing. I think the reason why so many celebrities are unhappy is because, part of them hated fame so much but once you got a taste of fame you are addicted to it. Its like *****. U know ***** makes you unhappy and it mess up your life but you are addicted to it and as much as you hate it you cant live without it. 

Her deb album sold over 12 million copies. She said herself that she did not take the $1million advance so that she would get a bigger portion of the record sales. She found out about the missing money long after her initial success so over time she probably could have raked in $100 million. CDs were more expensive back then, like $17 each. 

On 10/27/2021 at 10:27 PM, blackoutbixxh said:

I love Jewel!  :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: 

It’s interesting that she’s giving an interview that extensive to Joe Rogan of all people. Thanks for posting so we can listen! 

Guess it’s a Jewel kind of day now :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

He is literally the best person to get interviewed by. Long form content that doesnt get cut up. He lets his guests speak, is very open and curious and makes his guests feel very at ease. It alsways feels like a 3 hour conversation isntead of like an interrogation like some other interviewers. He also doesnt ask the same old questions everyone else does. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block