To Everyone Who Ever Said Britney Should Have Just Left LA In 2007 to Escape Paparazzi...

This is her at the EIFFEL TOWER! She can't get away no matter where she goes! Ugh, how frightening :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: a strange group of men is waiting for you everywhere you go...it makes me crazy thinking how she could never get away :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:... although personally I would love a strange group of men waiting for me everywhere :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: thoughts?

I highly doubt the solution is moving anywhere. I mean, LA is for sure not the best place, but this is more about getting good logistics behind you. Many huge celebrities manage to disappear with the help of a good team. Taylor has been able to disappear multiple times, just like many others. Thing is back in those days I don`t think she had any support from a team to protect her (I am not talking about bodyguards, but logistics).

• Love 2
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, Kletus said:

This is her at the EIFFEL TOWER! She can't get away no matter where she goes! Ugh, how frightening :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: a strange group of men is waiting for you everywhere you go...it makes me crazy thinking how she could never get away :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:... although personally I would love a strange group of men waiting for me everywhere :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: thoughts?

Not sure if this is a good example to justify your argument.

She is rocking up to one of the most popular, well known, and visited tourist attractions in the world with a possey of bodyguards, an assistant or two, and what appears to be waiting paparazzi. Of course people are going to react. That’s the point.

If she turned up to a local cafe on the corner of some random cobbled street in the 15th arrondissement of Paris with just her two kids in a buggy, I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, let alone recognise her.

Britney could not have gone very far in 2007, mainly because of visitations, custody battles, and court cases that she needed to be available for and in close proximity to. Maybe she could have gotten out of LA and rented a house up the coast, in retrospect it seems feasible but I am not sure she wanted that.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

To everyone saying obviously it would be like this if she visits touristic places or busy places. In 2018 she was visiting Buckingham Palace with her sons (and maybe 1 or 2 security) and nobody bothered her, she was taking pictures and everything and there wasn't a pap in sight (even though UK paps are some of the worst). 

I think it's mostly about paparazzi being tipped off about where she'll be.

Either you are in the midst of controversy where they camp outside your house and follow you, even if you go to an unknown place (like when she went to that hair salon), or they get tipped off if they are not constantly on you. 

• Like 1

i think that, at the time, she didn't want to leave LA bc of the custody battle and the divorce. plus keep in mind that in the middle of the absolute chaos that was her life at the time our girl was still working on her new album, recording, and even touring. 

i do think that moving from LA to another country, or even another state within USA could have helped. i mean she didn't have to live in a large city like Paris, she could have gone somewhere quieter where paparazzi activity is not that intense. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Agreed. I never understood that logic. Plus, aren’t paparazzi and the press in Europe like 10x worse than out in the States? I mean look what they did to Princess Di.

Even in NYC when she tripped over cobblestone and was on the verge of tears, the paparazzi were being absolutely vile. 

LOL no.

They are NOT worse than Hollywood papz are you freaking kidding

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Mannequin* said:

LOL no.

They are NOT worse than Hollywood papz are you freaking kidding

I respectfully disagree. Paparazzi culture was at its peak when Britney was going through her public turmoils no matter which state or country she went to. Nowadays, we don’t get many photographs despite her being out and about quite a bit. She goes to stores, weddings, appointments, boutiques (you name it) nowadays without photographers or people chasing her around like in 2007. Most of Greater LA doesn’t even care or bat an eye when they see a celebrity since it’s very common to run into one. I mean, even when she’s in Hawaii, we seem to get more paparazzi pictures than when she’s out and about in LA so what makes you think her moving to busy places like London or NYC will suddenly make her less photographed? With time, the paps have also given her more respect and learned to maintain a distance. She’s also used to being photographed. Anyway, this just seems like another thread for Exhale users from the East and the UK to bash on LA culture. Internalized jealousy, possibly? I also don’t get why fans are so obsessed with Britney wanting her to move to the country they’re from or live in. She seems to be very content where she is in the suburbs of greater LA County. Let her be.

• Like 2

Hmm 🤔 Why is this a discussion.. 2007 and custody battle and its now 2021 and a freedom battle.. some of these topics are daunting. She stayed, was set up , lost her rights , has been abused and used . One of thee saddest Hollywood stories ever . Its her journey unfortunately shes had to endure. What if’s are fun to think about . Then reality sets in .. will she stay after this???.. Her decision and its finally going to hopefully soon be her choice. I am excited shes getting to choose with her new freedom. I bet there will be a few locations for her to go once shes free. She loves NY and many other places  . She will be getting her wings back and its about time for her to fly again where ever her heart desires. Have a wonderful day people ! 

• Like 2

I think everyone is saying what B said in FTR. She wouldn't be hunted in the same way in Louisiana as in LA. I think even K-Fed said, that people started paparazzi companies because chasing them was profitble.

Also, there are very strict anti paparazzi laws in france. You can't follow and take pictures of celebrites in cars. Cuz that's a "private space".

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Bigno said:

I highly doubt the solution is moving anywhere. I mean, LA is for sure not the best place, but this is more about getting good logistics behind you. Many huge celebrities manage to disappear with the help of a good team. Taylor has been able to disappear multiple times, just like many others. Thing is back in those days I don`t think she had any support from a team to protect her (I am not talking about bodyguards, but logistics).

9 hours ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

Honestly, she could have left in 2007. Obviously there are going to be paparazzi near the Eiffel Tower, it's one of the most visited places in the world! 

The real reason she couldn't just leave and go to one of the private, expensive af resorts is because she was in the middle of a high stakes divorce and custody settlement. 

I agree...

I do maintain that if Britney really wanted to be out of the spotlight, she would have had to be willing to leave the industry/LA or a big city back in 2004 or 2005 when she got married and started her family and then try for a comeback later.

Releasing a reality tv show when she was supposed to be out of the spotlight couldn't have helped her lead a more private life, unfortunately...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I agree...

I do maintain that if Britney really wanted to be out of the spotlight, she would have had to be willing to leave the industry/LA or a big city back in 2004 or 2005 when she got married and started her family and then try for a comeback later.

Releasing a reality tv show when she was supposed to be out of the spotlight couldn't have helped her lead a more private life, unfortunately...

This so much. A few weeks ago I brought this up. There is a clear contradiction in her, and it is understandable why (all her history of building her identity through being seen by others, her stupid family). Those contradictory behaviors have always been her thing, she says in words she wants out, but she comes out with something that keeps her persona being watched and dissected. I think, deep down, it is something she hasn't really clarified in her head. Before the conservatorship scandal and the documentaries, her public image was pretty washed out (obviously she couldn't have decided anything in that point, cause she was a slave, but I am just saying) .  She has had a couple moments in which, had she chosen to vanish, she could have. And as much as leaving LA is not a definite solution, nobody is going to find the same tropes of paparazzi in a huge farm in Montana or a mountain house in Colorado than they would in Paris or celebrity den, Los Angeles. There are methods of contention and management. 

8 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I respectfully disagree. Paparazzi culture was at its peak when Britney was going through her public turmoils no matter which state or country she went to. Nowadays, we don’t get many photographs despite her being out and about quite a bit. She goes to stores, weddings, appointments, boutiques (you name it) nowadays without photographers or people chasing her around like in 2007. Most of Greater LA doesn’t even care or bat an eye when they see a celebrity since it’s very common to run into one. I mean, even when she’s in Hawaii, we seem to get more paparazzi pictures than when she’s out and about in LA so what makes you think her moving to busy places like London or NYC will suddenly make her less photographed? With time, the paps have also given her more respect and learned to maintain a distance. She’s also used to being photographed. Anyway, this just seems like another thread for Exhale users from the East and the UK to bash on LA culture. Internalized jealousy, possibly? I also don’t get why fans are so obsessed with Britney wanting her to move to the country they’re from or live in. She seems to be very content where she is in the suburbs of greater LA County. Let her be.

that's nothing to do with the 2007/1008/1009'ss years matter. 

I'm comparing Paps from both places... at THAT period of time :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Mannequin* said:

that's nothing to do with the 2007/1008/1009'ss years matter. 

I'm comparing Paps from both places... at THAT period of time :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Ok and…? Your argument continues to fall short. I see reading comprehension isn’t your strongest suit either. Paps were/are just as much viscous, if not more so, in Europe. Do you need a friendly reminder as to what happened to Princess Diana? It’s inevitable that wherever Britney goes, she will be photographed unless she decides to move into a far away town in the middle of nowhere, which I don’t see happening.

38 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Ok and…? Your argument continues to fall short. I see reading comprehension isn’t your strongest suit either. Paps were/are just as much viscous, if not more so, in Europe. Do you need a friendly reminder as to what happened to Princess Diana? It’s inevitable that wherever Britney goes, she will be photographed unless she decides to move into a far away town in the middle of nowhere, which I don’t see happening.

I've understood every word you typed. But I totally disagree. Using the case of Princess Diana as a reference of how hard the paps and the media preasure are iin Europe,  is not enough sweetie. Also, she was a GLOBAL famous princess and the media came from all over the world to catch her. See any documentary of her before saying that. 

Unlike you, I won't be trying to get you using offensive criticism , so we maybe can agree to disagree. 

I don’t understand how it’s even legal?  It’s stalking, causes a major threat to multiples lives (the person they’re photographing, their own, and members of the community).  It’s just unsafe.  They are ruthless and care only about getting a picture.  They will gladly run out into the middle of a busy road with no regard to other people.  Let alone the fact that they often also photograph other people who are in the vicinity of the celeb and their faces (even children) get plastered all over magazines, websites, etc even though they didn’t consent.   So again, how is this “profession” legal?  The state of California is so messed up and needs to do something since that’s where the vast majority of all of this takes place…and other states/regions should follow suit.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block