Escalating online attacks and trolling lead to violation on the GRAM-Girls

43 minutes ago, MathCarmignani said:

can someone explain this mess?Β :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Last week, Britney's Gram announced an online ticketed show, with guests, with $1 per ticket going to charity. There were two types of tickets available; a standard $12 ticket, as well as a $30 ticket that also included a digital meet and greet and "photo opportunity" of sorts.Β 

This started backlash, with a source unknown but I believe to be several people have accused other High profile leaders in the moment of other issues, that lead to a dogpile of online criticism, that eventually turned to more abusive in nature, that compared what BG were doing to the conservatorship and Jamie; exploiting Britney's name for their profit. The dogpiling shifted from "this isn't a good idea, I disagree" to statements that the Gram Girls were never important, they never did anything to help the movement etc.

Babs responsed several times on twitter that they have been doing free to access content for the past two and a half years and there was never going to be a "right time" to do paid content, and also clarified that it was an option platform offers to all users.

Basically, it went from criticism, that you could argue is understandable, to a completely unjustified social media dog pile.

Β 

Additionally, this came shortly before That Surprise Witness announced her Lou Taylor video, which lead to another social media dog pile on her.

Β 

Β 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Mess to charge fans like that are the Gram girls taking billing advice from Vivian Thoreen? LolΒ 

I can’t with people in the movement trying to make money off of Britney in the Free Britney movement it’s Β disgusting!

Glad they cancelled it and that flop meet and greet lol!

Agreed!Β 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Are you serious? I mean, honestly?Β 

If it wasn't for the work that BG did, the movement wouldn't have launched as it did; they had a large enough platform with a direct link to fans that a whistle-blower knew it was the right course of actions. There is no argument to this; they were going to court before it and were very clear in their reporting of the situation. They were involved in events and keeping movement going.

TSW has literally sacrificed her career by being involved and her insight is very needed, particularly into how certain individuals allegedly operate. I mean, her smoking gun video got attention, and she breaks down each and every document that appears.Β 

Β 

They've been doing content for over two years.

This ***** be out here making her situation to be the same as slavery. This girl out here, white, privileged compares her decision to take a step back from her career to slavery. She can always pick up her career later.Β  She has done nothing but relay information and string Britney fans along. Also, what specific work are you talking about? BG hasn't done anything really of significance. She is no one of significance, she just has a loud voice.Β Β 

When it comes to the gram girls, sure, at the start they were an important part of the movement, however, as things stand now, they are no longer needed and it's clear they are looking upon the situation with monetization in mind. I do believe they used to be in it for the right reasons but now they're trying to charge fans $15 to watch their live stream? They're so vocal about people using Britneys likeness for money but arn't they doing exactly the same?Β 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

TSW has made it clear that probate conservatorship laws are based laws and rules around slavery and ownership of another persin, with the timeline of the abolishment of slavery happening shortly before the introduction of conservatorship shortly after.Β 

Done nothing? Breaking down court documents, getting into the court house to take notes, and getting the word out there is work. Literally sacrificed a career that could have made her millions of dollars to do activism work.

I wasn't talking about her comparing Britney's situation to slavery. TSW was comparing HER doing OPTIONAL activism work and not being paid with slavery. Like, do you see absolutely nothing wrong with that? She chose to do this, no one made her and yet she expects to get money in return.Β 

"For a bunch of people who claim to be opposed to slavery, y’all expect a lot of free labor while you abuse, harass, and bully people just saying"

Her quote^

Β 

Also, breaking down court documents and going into the courthouse. Okay. Many people were in that courthouse, many people break down the court documents.Β 

And sacrificed her career? Don't tell me you're actuallyΒ naive enough to believe her "i turned my back away from 250,000 a year bull****"Β Β :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:Β 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block