Was Afterglow supposed to be a duet between Taylor swift and Ariana grande, her name was just added to the performer list database by BMI.

So were we supposed to get a duet of afterglow with Ariana grande, looks like it was intended to happen, but it might have been cancelled due to the bad blood between Taylor and her camp and anybody associated with Scooter braun..

There is a big rumor that Ariana was gonna side with Taylor, after all for a year and a half Scooter didn't manage Ariana, he came back in 2017 after The Manchester bombing. 

But they still but heads, had Ariana had her way the personal ballad Ghostin' would not be in thank U, Next. 

But that was changed due to a last minute decision and compromise, she doesn't have to perform it, but Scooter felt the song was to beautiful and vocally challenging to stay in the vault. 

She praises him but unlike Justin Bieber, she isn't afraid to criticize him when needed. 

So some sources think Scooter nixed this idea and Taylor had to release it as a solo track just to get it out..

@Jordan Miller

@InTheZone4Life

@Adriannn

I’ve always seen fans suggesting a collab between the two girls... but I don’t think it’d work. In one hand you have Scooter and in the other... it’s just that I don’t see it happening. Having two huge pop stars in a song is too risky, since the bar is set too high. 
‘Afterglow’ is beautiful as a solo track, Ari is not needed... just as Taylor isn’t in an Ari song. Finally, I’ve always had thought that Ariana doesn’t like Taylor that much.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I’ve always seen fans suggesting a collab between the two girls... but I don’t think it’d work. In one hand you have Scooter and in the other... it’s just that I don’t see it happening. Having two huge pop stars in a song is too risky, since the bar is set too high. 
‘Afterglow’ is beautiful as a solo track, Ari is not needed... just as Taylor isn’t in an Ari song. Finally, I’ve always had thought that Ariana doesn’t like Taylor that much.  

I always felt the same that they don’t get along. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: Now I’m sitting here and thinking why the hell didn’t Taylor and Nicki collab’t already? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Style. said:

I always felt the same that they don’t get along. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: Now I’m sitting here and thinking why the hell didn’t Taylor and Nicki collab’t already? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I think they are just polite to each other.

Maybe Nicki and Taylor haven't collabed because of the evident lipsynch from both of them in the VMAs as they mouthed The Night is Still Young :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: - a bop, btw

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block