Why Glory is Britney's best album to date.

Glory really is amongst her best work! I really hope we do get to hear more from the sessions. The albums kind of very mysterious and elusive to me, i really feel like the way they treated Glory and Make Me was the beginning of Britney getting her voice back. Britney is clearly extremely proud of it and i treat it as a Mariah Emancipation moment - especially with the new artworks and tracks.. Its criminally underrated within the fanbase and GP and if the rollout wasn’t so messy it could if been absolutely huge. 

We needed visuals. Better promo tracks. Mood Ring as a single. SITS included and blended with Invitation in a beautiful pre-album release buzz visual… The promo was extremely good, and Britney was engaged, looking great and excited. Whatever happened behind the scenes must of been SIGNIFICANT. I feel Jamie found out about the OG Make Me video and album photoshoots with the house concept snd chains etc, and pulled the plug.

So much should of been different and the album deserved soo much better. 

Best tracks:

Mood Ring, Make Me, SITS, Invitation, Man On the Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Liar, If Im Dancing. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Musicandsoul said:

Glory really is amongst her best work! I really hope we do get to hear more from the sessions. The albums kind of very mysterious and elusive to me, i really feel like the way they treated Glory and Make Me was the beginning of Britney getting her voice back. Britney is clearly extremely proud of it and i treat it as a Mariah Emancipation moment - especially with the new artworks and tracks.. Its criminally underrated within the fanbase and GP and if the rollout wasn’t so messy it could if been absolutely huge. 

We needed visuals. Better promo tracks. Mood Ring as a single. SITS included and blended with Invitation in a beautiful pre-album release buzz visual… The promo was extremely good, and Britney was engaged, looking great and excited. Whatever happened behind the scenes must of been SIGNIFICANT. I feel Jamie found out about the OG Make Me video and album photoshoots with the house concept snd chains etc, and pulled the plug.

So much should of been different and the album deserved soo much better. 

Best tracks:

Mood Ring, Make Me, SITS, Invitation, Man On the Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Liar, If Im Dancing. 

MTE!!!!! People say she’s so pitched but her vocals were GORGEOUS and the vocal production was phenomenal tbh. All the vocal layers were gorgeous. I LOVE SITS and it definitely deserved a place on the album. Hell, even Exaholic was a banger. I hope we hear more from the sessions. I wish they scrapped Matches and did something from the actual glory sessions instead 

1 hour ago, strongertomorrow said:

can I look this up somewhere?

i especially love the second one.  Things like this get her engaged and excited and she loosens up.  Listen to how engaged and into this she is.  “You’re wrong.” :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and when she talks about the guy from the Oops! video looking different in the picture they show…the tone of her voice shows that this is the kind of thing she enjoys.  She hates stupid questions, but Britney loves a good challenge.  It’s also refreshing to see that she keeps up with her stuff.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, G-unit said:

i especially love the second one.  Things like this get her engaged and excited and she loosens up.  Listen to how engaged and into this she is.  “You’re wrong.” :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and when she talks about the guy from the Oops! video looking different in the picture they show…the tone of her voice shows that this is the kind of thing she enjoys.  She hates stupid questions, but Britney loves a good challenge.  It’s also refreshing to see that she keeps up with her stuff.

thank you so much for posting those, I remember seeing them once initially, but it’s been like five years! I love her so much

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

MTE!!!!! People say she’s so pitched but her vocals were GORGEOUS and the vocal production was phenomenal tbh. All the vocal layers were gorgeous. I LOVE SITS and it definitely deserved a place on the album. Hell, even Exaholic was a banger. I hope we hear more from the sessions. I wish they scrapped Matches and did something from the actual glory sessions instead 

can you educate me what is SITS?

I know everyone lovea Blackout, but I prefer Glory. I have to say, they have different qualities. Bkackout was definitely forward thinking and was one of the earliest American records that took the bass heavy/rhythmic trend, but I can't listen to "Get Naked" for instance without getting bored mid-track, something that doesn't happen to me with Glory. I think Blackout is a cool, but very much belongs to its time. Taking it to the modern era throws weird results on it as a whole. 

I wouldn't say Glory is her best, but I think it's on her top 3

• Haha 1
On 10/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, Peachy said:

Aw I love better:(

also I loved what you need it was such a Britney dancing in a vampires mansion type song while doing jazz hands and a Cain dance 🤣 🎩 👯‍♀️🪄 🧛‍♂️ 

luv me down was such a vibe I love it but I played it too much so it sounds so repetitive to me now.  The album was very vibey for its time.. I play it back and i instantly am transported to 2016.. what I was doing, who I was with and the *vibes* lol 

my best friend loves man on the moon and cried when she heard it lmao 

Did she cry when the bridge hit like I did??

Omg, all I can think of is a Glory tour. Britney was on point performing in 2016, I would have died for a Glory show. Amazing album, not her best for sure, but it has a lot of amazing songs with spectacular energy and attitude. And I’ll never understand the hate for Come Over, it’s the first track I play when I put in my CD. It needed more attention, and it wasn’t a real single, but a Remix EP would have been so good.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Bigno said:

I know everyone lovea Blackout, but I prefer Glory. I have to say, they have different qualities. Bkackout was definitely forward thinking and was one of the earliest American recirds that took the bass heavy/rhythmic trend, but I can't listen to "Get Naked" for instance without getting bored mid-track, something that doesn't happen to me with Glory. I think Blackout ia cool, but very much belongs to its time. Taking it to the modern era throws weird results on it as a hole. 

I wouldn't say Glory is her best, but I think it's on her top 3

“throws weird results on it as a hole

what are you implying?

It’s pure “bottom-pop”?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block