King of my Castle - Britney wanted a song where she was “boss *****”

KrisJ

The producer did an interview with the “Original Doll” podcast.

He mentioned:

* This was originally intended for the Singles collection as a solo song OR a female feature. This was always a Britney song first (Shane Ward added himself to the unused Britney demo later then changed things to another artist) 

* Britney loves the original song 

* Britney was a pleasure to work with and she wanted a song where she was a “boss *****” and standing up as a boss woman 

* Due to certain “circumstances” (aka her team and theme of the song), the song was not used.

Here is the original song that Britney likes and covered:

Here is Britney’s version (which has added Shayne Ward vocals) 

Here is Shayne Wards full version which has some very minimal Britney vocals in the background: 

• Love 5
  • Like 3

I’d be quite interested to hear the actual Britney verses…Because the Shayne Ward verses are beyond trash and the production itself (from what we have) is already of pretty questionable taste. But I’m glad to know she recorded this as her own song and wasn’t participating as some cringe feature. 

Although, it’s interesting hearing the subtle correlations between this, 3, and Up N’ Down since they were all recorded around the same time. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block