Facebook changes its name to Meta

Bunkywoo

Two blue balls. Great.

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

meta.10.jpg

At first glance: two blue balls.

But I kinda like where this is going.

06_211025_CompanyEC_16x9__30fps__1080-1.

I have a problem with the "Meta" font, it's too hard on the edges for me.

Of course, here's the thing: "Our corporate structure is not changing, however, how we report on our financials will."

The Facebook Company Is Now Meta | Meta (fb.com)

Founder's Letter, 2021 | Meta (fb.com)

And talking about some blue balls... It must all be to stroke Mark's ego, to have the M from his name in the new identity haha

PS: Btw, I have a Google Workspace account, and just recently in Gmail I started seeing some nice or useful changes, like having a side menu with main tabs (I don't remember the names exactly) like mail, chat, meeting... which I think goes along with this idea of uniting all services into one thing and putting the user at the center or main objective of the design. I guess this is the same idea but for Facebook---Meta, now. OF COURSE, THEY WILL CONTROL EVERYTHING MORE EASILY NOW, since everything will be linked to one account and/or service. That's the scary part. It'll be easier and faster and more intuitively to use... but also to give them personal information, which is basically the goal of all these "free" online services (which then you can't live without because we literally depend on them, IT'S A TRAP).

When I saw this yesterday, I kid you NOT, my stomach crawl and 10 mins after I had to take a ****. Thank Heavens, I don't use ****book, ****sapp, ****stagram.

I hate the idea of ''virtual meetings'' and blah blah blah. *****, I'm already lonely enough. Meet me in REAL LIFE and REAL WORLD. NO NOT BOOMER ME INTO VIRTUAL BULL****!

Hope this trash flops into oblivion. Bring Tumblr and Myspace BACK! :howdareyou_meme_cat:

On 10/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, bitbitboi said:

This.

This isn't as serious as it seems, they are just changing (actually, creating) the name of their "umbrella" corporation: "Horizon". Google did the same with "Alphabet", their parent company, so this is not new or that crazy.

Of course, they're also doing it to save face, because "Facebook" (the social media website), which at the beginning was their main product, is under a lot of investigations right now.

OK so this is wrong haha. The umbrella term for their corporation is "Meta" now.
"Horizon" is a new service.

• Super Mods

New name, same ****ty company. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: I hope Mark Zuckerborg gets trapped in a VR headset and never comes back to Earth! :emma: Hopefully the U.S. finally passes some common sense internet privacy acts and breaks up Facebook. Instagram deserve to thrive outside of Facebooks shadow. Please bring back the chronological order of things too! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block