IF Britney comesback, do you believe she will neglect everything Post-Blackout?

She clearly likes Glory so I imagine she will still recognise a lot of the songs from that album, and I think she also genuinely likes most of Circus and Till the World Ends too (although probably not the rest of Femme Fatale).

Edited by Isla
  • Love 3

No I don't think she will 

I think she genuinely enjoys recording music and probably does enjoy the songs themselves. I dont even think she specifically hated touring/promoting, but maybe just didn't enjoy doing SO MUCH of it. Less shows for each tour/residency would have served her much better.

I think she also realizes how many of her songs are fan favorites and understands these albums are still part of her legacy

However, right from BOMT, when brit is done with an album, she's done. She doesn't like to dwell on past projects so I do think going forward (assuming she makes a proper return) any future shows will likely revolve around new music. Especially after Vegas where it was so repetitive for her old stuff, I'm sure she's bored of it (I'm talking her entire discography not just post blackout)

• Love 4
  • Like 4

I imagine she has a complicated relationship with it. I think she is proud of Glory, and I remember her wanting Alien to be a single. Femme Fatale era, she seemed so unhappy and the music was so disconnected from her life and had very little writing credits from her. I can’t imagine her enjoying that album much. Circus was made so quickly and was also made while her dad was telling her she was going to lose weight and she had to do the album and era to get her kids and freedom back, so idk. Britney seemed somewhat happier during the BJ era, but she also clearly was not connected to that album given that she didn’t sing on all of it and she probably didn’t even have time to finish it because she was being pushed to rehearse for Vegas so much.

I think she would like/enjoy/connect to some songs and Glory, but probably not a whole lot of the rest.

• Love 4
  • Like 3

In my opinion, Womanizer and Circus are Britney classics, I would hope she keeps them, FF singles were hits, but they didnt age as well as her other material, so I wouldnt mind, like FF worked for 2011 cause thats what was "cool" back then. 

In regards to Glory, I love the album, but I wouldnt mind either

its difficult these about neglect things, even shakira and Xtina could'nt delete at all her albums of peligro, magia (shakira) just be free (Xtina) so she just can't ignore the fact about that albums

about performing, i really think she was involved in all the mixing of the shows and the setlist i mean, 

Boys, touch of my hand, blackout and breathe on me are britney's favs, so i think she was involved on the shows and the setlist.

I mean the original version of toxic, BOMT , Oops, Slave are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the last 3 tours she made it....

I don't think Britney ever wanted to be a Greatest Hits artists. Her focus was always performing songs from the new album. She prob was upset that she had to perform older songs like "Lucky." That being said, she will perform some songs from 2008-2016 but prob not that many. I think she likes "Womanizer," some of Glory and a few Circus songs here and there. I don't get the impression that she has much connection to FF. 

I think she’ll pretend FF and BJ don’t exist as she should!

I think she genuinely likes Glory you could tell during its promotion plus she mentioned she wanted to add more of it to Piece Of Me but her team wouldn’t let her. I also think she likes Circus to a degree as well so I can see her continuing to perform Womanizer and If U Seek Amy (which I feel is one of her faves from the album)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block