Why did Britney change her voice every line in MATM's verses ?

I think that's why its not a fan favorite as a song cause the production is not as clean as Toxic for example

I would say this song is quite experimental vocal wise 

from an artistic perspective and listening to this video now, maybe they were trying to create the idea that Britney was dancing/singing the song while recording it. Like the feeling when you are in a club and you sing along and move your body

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, breathe0022 said:

I think that's why its not a fan favorite as a song cause the production is not as clean as Toxic for example

I would say this song is quite experimental vocal wise 

from an artistic perspective and listening to this video now, maybe they were trying to create the idea that Britney was dancing/singing the song while recording it. Like the feeling when you are in a club and you sing along and move your body

I agree with this, also there’s a behind the scenes video of her recording MATM and she was trying to channel MJ vocally 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's for the sake of vocal layering and backing vocals .. that's why the song is sonically so rich and still full of Britney ... This song has so many vocals of Britney but also Penelopes vocals (before the madonna vocals).... productionwise it was ahead of its time.. my god tv show television GIF by Chrisley Knows Best

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Brit is an amazing dynamic vocalist. She plays with her tones and textures beautifully. Being a trained gymnast comes through in her great vocal agility. It’s evident that she is a natural actress who enjoys transforming and embodying characters. Her songs are almost stories. To me this song really pushes her creativity forward. The industry wanted polished Barbie doll and she was bending genders and ***uality. Female empowerment and strength. It’s like an early hint of Blackout and how her sound evolves.  

• Love 5
  • Like 3

I found that Me Against the Music is like Dua Lipa's version of Future Nostalgia- that's just my opinion though, an experimental record 

In my honest opinion, the Onyx Hotel Studio Version, with the remix slaps, it's the best one that I've heard 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, dran said:

I found that Me Against the Music is like Dua Lipa's version of Future Nostalgia- that's just my opinion though, an experimental record 

In my honest opinion, the Onyx Hotel Studio Version, with the remix slaps, it's the best one that I've heard 

YES YES YES!! That remix is FUNKY! Ive always preferred to listen to that version instead.

• Love 1