I asked Alexa what she thinks about Britney Spears, and I think we have a new enemy.

12 minutes ago, Bunkywoo said:

I asked the same words and she did not say that. She said nice things actually.  This is fake and a scummy person . Scummy fan .. go away ! 

Hey there! I'm the "scummy fan" who made this video, and I can assure you it's real.

As I explained in a previous comment, you have to first activate conversation mode by asking Alexa if she wants to have a conversation. Then Alexa selects an experimental bot to talk to you. The conversation and responses vary depending on which bot you get, and the bots are constantly learning and evolving. Some Alexas may not even have conversation mode because it's in beta.

Anyway, after chatting for a bit, I asked the bot what it thought about Britney, and that's the answer I got. I tried the same thing with other bots in conversation mode and got different answers every time.

Hope that clears things up :)

23 minutes ago, Mrsteven said:

Alexa lets you create custom responses from Amazon's app. You clearly set that as a custom response. Nobody is that stupid. It's not a basic Alexa response, because we all would be getting the same response. Horrible fan.

Actually, you wouldn't all be getting the same response, even if you followed the steps I took. Try it yourself a few times and you'll see the answers vary every time. Another commenter in this thread tried it, too. Here are the steps:

1. Ask Alexa if she wants to have a conversation. Alexa will respond with a lengthy explanation of the conversation mode bot experiment and will tell you which bot you've been assigned. I have no idea how many bots there are or which bot I was chatting with.

2. Chat with the bot for a while, then ask what it thinks of Britney Spears. You'll get an answer, but the answer depends on the bot.

3. Say "Stop" to end the conversation, then repeat the process again. You'll likely get a different bot that has different responses.

Believe what you want, but I was just messing around with Alexa while doing my make up and was shocked at the type of responses I was getting, so I decided to record a couple of them. 

I swear, some fans in this community are so quick to be nasty. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Corruptured Colon said:

Hey there! I'm the "scummy fan" who made this video, and I can assure you it's real.

As I explained in a previous comment, you have to first activate conversation mode by asking Alexa if she wants to have a conversation. Then Alexa selects an experimental bot to talk to you. The conversation and responses vary depending on which bot you get, and the bots are constantly learning and evolving. Some Alexas may not even have conversation mode because it's in beta.

Anyway, after chatting for a bit, I asked the bot what it thought about Britney, and that's the answer I got. I tried the same thing with other bots in conversation mode and got different answers every time.

Hope that clears things up :)

I really hope we don't find out that you somehow made it set to say those horrible things, and then claim to be a fan? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: That would be vile and disgusting.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

I really hope we don't find out that you somehow made it set to say those horrible things, and then claim to be a fan? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: That would be vile and disgusting.

By all means, try to disprove it! Or, better yet, try to verify it! I've been trying to replicate the answer again on video without much luck, but maybe some others can try? I really don't know how else to prove it's real.