This Day In Pop: 8 Years Ago, Katy Perry Released “Unconditionally” As The Second Single From PRISM

ALBAVEASP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLPLXDIw_TZULO5YYcm_S

8 years ago, Katy Perry released Unconditionally as the second promotional single from her third studio album PRISM. The ballad peaked within the top twenty in the US, where it has been certified 2X Platinum, and has 300 million streams on Spotify and over 600 million views on YouTube.

The ode ventures on Perry's roots as the power ballad leans more to her Christian rock influence, accompanied by motivational lyricism.

The music video was later released and is regarded as Perry's one of the best among her videography, while the cover art is inspired by the tragic suicide case of Evelyn McHale.

She also revealed that Unconditionally is her favourite track off her 2013's record.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

Yessss!!! I knew I stanned u for a reason sis :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

These basic biches didn’t phase me, I stunt on them every time I open exhale. The insecurities of these power bottoms over successful women is beyond me. Like, bich, you’re staning Carly Rae Flopsen and Ashely Tisdale! :emma: I smell parrots from a mile! :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

These basic biches didn’t phase me, I stunt on them every time I open exhale. The insecurities of these power bottoms over successful women is beyond me. Like, bich, you’re staning Carly Rae Flopsen and Ashely Tisdale! :emma: I smell parrots from a mile! :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Okay preach sis (tho I like Ashley Tisdale :orangu_orangutan_ape:)

Keep on stuntin' on the-ze ho-ez sis!! 

new york fashion week GIF by Robert E Blackmonnew york fashion week GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Style. said:

RIGHT NOW BOPPING TO PART OF ME! Katy Perry deserves a special thread on how she gave us one of the best pop songs of all time! Doja Cat is trying to duplicate the success of Katy Perry by working with Dr. Luke - Planet Luke. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: 

Part Of Me is hands down my favorite song from her.

This last album had some seriously slept on gems too...

Harleys In Hawaii

Champagne Problems

Cry About It Later

End Of The World

Tucked

Never Really Over

This visuals for Never Really Over and Harleys In Hawaii really hurt the era, no one was feeling that hippy shyt.

Now if Cry About It Later had been a live action video that played out exactly the same as the animated I woulda effing lived!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block