After ‘For the Record’ what happened…?

When do we think Britney was unhappy with everything? Before, during or after? In the documentary she seemed exhausted but excited with the future. We didn’t see problems with her father and Larry for years later. She made it clear that her choices weren’t great and the people she was with prior. She was very strong and raw in that documentary. Did they make her? Is everything we thought true, a lie?

Does that mean she hated Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory? She hated Xfactor, Scream and Shout and Vegas?

I also feel that a career is important as it escapes you from other stress and things in life. Why would she want to give that up now after winning and being able to have the control she can have now?

Additionally I want to add that was she really ever happy? Was she just put into the spotlight because of her parents? Does she not care about moments like with the snake that made her simply iconic? Wouldn’t you want to at least wrap up your career one last time with a high moment to give everyone something to talk about after a strong victory? 

• Love 1

I think the issue with Britney was that she was forced to work during all those eras. For me, I felt like there were times where she looked like she was channeling her emotions through her career, for example 2016. But I don't think she's giving up her career, she just is walking away for a little bit in her own terms and coming back when she wants to. She actually has a say.

But to me, I agree with you during the documentary that there were instances where you can see in her eyes that the fire went away, even though Andre said otherwise. 

I feel for her :( 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Kletus said:

I have a lot of experience in this field and in my opinion, I believe she was already traumatized at this point and her ability to enjoy the world, or at least how she perceived it, had already changed tremendously. Her ability to simply sit and enjoy the moment had likely disappeared in a big way, and when you get to that point there's not really a lot that can be done about it. So in For The Record she probably still remembered what it felt like to really be happy, because the "darkness" as she knew it was new to her. But she knew something had changed. As time went on, the "darkness" never really went away and the more time that passed since she was really happy, the more she forgot what that happiness even felt like. Plus the medication to keep her controlled was never-ending. She probably didn't hate any of her music or tours after the conship started, but her ability to actually enjoy it had probably diminished significantly. But it wasn't just with her music, her ability to enjoy ANYTHING had probably diminished. So keeping busy with work was the only "relief," because she was too busy to really sit and realize that she no longer enjoyed life the way she used to. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Great point, honestly, just picturing my freedom being taken away, I wouldnt be able to cope, I dont know how she did it for so long

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

I just feel that this Britney will never be back? Was it her team and her manger that made her like this? Because I thought this was who she was and on Instagram she’s like a whole different person. Like totally unrecognizable 😭

Probably 13 years of trauma & unnecessary medication 

• Like 1

She was already sick and tired about the cship and it was just months into it. We see a weird relantionship with her father and that she was controlled.

But she did looked excited about the new album, and we saw her personality in the interviews with the red shirt.

When I borrowed the DVD, I didn't get why it was a big thing to drive a car, I thought it was because she was alone, now we know.

• Like 3

I'm not sure she hated ALL of what she did in the last 13 years... I imagine she hated being forced to do it in someone else's terms and that took the excitement out of it but that doesn't mean she isn't proud of some of her work or she hated all of what she did... Circus and Glory at least, seem like something she could have enjoyed in one way or another.

As for her not being that "girls just wanna have fun" girl anymore, what she's lived would make it impossible to still be that girl. And I'm not talking only about the las 13 years of incredible trauma, even the few years before the conservatorship were incredibly hard for her and would've changed anyone.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, reVolution said:

Great point, honestly, just picturing my freedom being taken away, I wouldnt be able to cope, I dont know how she did it for so long

I think some of it might be Stockholm syndrome, because she's essentially been a caged animal and it's likely that over the years, she grew somewhat attached to the familiar faces in her life.  I've seen it mentioned before, but she makes me think of people kidnapped and forced to live in basements/dungeons/prisons -somehow they manage to survive for years until finally breaking free.  Somehow they manage to focus on something in their lives that makes it worth living until they are finally free

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I think some of it might be Stockholm syndrome, because she's essentially been a caged animal and it's likely that over the years, she grew somewhat attached to the familiar faces in her life.  I've seen it mentioned before, but she makes me think of people kidnapped and forced to live in basements/dungeons/prisons -somehow they manage to survive for years until finally breaking free.  Somehow they manage to focus on something in their lives that makes it worth living until they are finally free

Loved this, great annalysis

1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

Excellent analysis. Plus she's done it before by dating Adnan. What can you do in those situations? I respect Britney for always striving for positivity and happiness no matter what. She really does have an unreal inner strength. 

• Love 4

I don’t think she hates any of her work.  I mean, she went in and put the work in.  I’m sure she’s beyond proud of her albums.  Part of me thinks she was excited to tour with Circus, because it got her back to some normalcy, but idk Fe said it was horrible backstage so Britney may not have wanted to do it.

Femme Fatale (era) is the biggest mystery to me.  I feel like she 100% just didn’t wanna do that tour…but then there’s the video of them showing her the stage and she just lights up and gets so excited.

X-Factor is also a mystery.  It came totally out of left field…I’d say Jason got her that gig.  She said though that she talked to Simon on the phone and agreed to do it before her team had even drafted a contract.  So that says she seemed excited to do it…her demeanor on the show said something completely different though.

Idk. I’d love to hear what Britney has to say.  It wouldn’t surprise me if her team scripted a lot of what she said.

1 hour ago, G-unit said:

I don’t think she hates any of her work.  I mean, she went in and put the work in.  I’m sure she’s beyond proud of her albums.  Part of me thinks she was excited to tour with Circus, because it got her back to some normalcy, but idk Fe said it was horrible backstage so Britney may not have wanted to do it.

Femme Fatale (era) is the biggest mystery to me.  I feel like she 100% just didn’t wanna do that tour…but then there’s the video of them showing her the stage and she just lights up and gets so excited.

X-Factor is also a mystery.  It came totally out of left field…I’d say Jason got her that gig.  She said though that she talked to Simon on the phone and agreed to do it before her team had even drafted a contract.  So that says she seemed excited to do it…her demeanor on the show said something completely different though.

Idk. I’d love to hear what Britney has to say.  It wouldn’t surprise me if her team scripted a lot of what she said.

I think she was kool with doing the tour but she probably had even more rules which took the fun out of it. And I think during it that’s when she started getting drugged and made her tired, uninspired and a lil bloated thanks to those cheap outfits. 

6 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

I just feel that this Britney will never be back? Was it her team and her manger that made her like this? Because I thought this was who she was and on Instagram she’s like a whole different person. Like totally unrecognizable 😭

I would LOVE for present-day Britney to watch clips such as this. What would she think???

Any ideas?