Update: Britney did NOT sign with new management

7 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I mean a GOOD book! Lol not a s.hitty ghost written one.

Yes, I used to work in publishing, anyone can a book together quickly. But an actual good one takes time. You should know that.

Doubtful Britney’s book is just going to be just about the conservatorship. It would be about her entire life. From beginning until now. There’s a lot to fit in. Liz is one very busy woman, she doesn’t have six months to sit down and write it, as she’s diligently making brilliant documentaries.

Britney’s book deal if she ever had one would be a huge deal, likely in the 10’s of millions. And something a book publisher would want known.  

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

Honestly, I have no idea what kind of book(s) Britney would or should write. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

But I do know that the time it takes to write a book doesn’t necessarily compare with the quality of the book.

There are amazing books written very quickly thanks to a divine inspiration – and boring and uninspiring books that took years to write.

Someone may say they wrote their book for two years, but if you count only the time spent by the computer/typewriter writing, the actual writing time may be only weeks or a couple of months.

I plan my books carefully, then let the thoughts “simmer” in my subconscious mind for weeks or months, adding every now and then ideas to my plan.

When I’m ready to write, I write the book very quickly - towards the end stopping just to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. My mom, who is a bestselling and award-wining author in my country with over 100 books under her belt, writes her books using the same method.

That’s why I haven’t written any books since I got my second child – unlike my mom, I don’t want to be emotionally unavailable for my kids for 2–4 weeks in a row. 😊

Here are a few great books written in less than a month: https://www.mprnews.org/amp/story/2015/11/04/bcst-books-written-in-one-month

• Love 3
  • Leader
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

At most i'm expecting is an official announcement that Britney is going to continue to take some time off to enjoy her freedom.

Low-key MTE. I actually hope Britney just takes this time to record music (whether it ever gets released or not, just sing and write would be awesome), exercise, record her fashion videos, continue writing her IG captions, travel, hang with Sam and her kids, just stay away from the business for a while. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Low-key MTE. I actually hope Britney just takes this time to record music (whether it ever gets released or not, just sing and write would be awesome), exercise, record her fashion videos, continue writing her IG captions, travel, hang with Sam and her kids, just stay away from the business for a while. 

Since you were in touch with Cassie and Jeff not so long ago, do you know if they are still part of her management team at this point ? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I think you guys should keep your expectations low so you're not disappointed.

Girl this is Exhale. They already have her doing a book, interview, new perfume, new album, moving out of the country, a wedding, a baby, and retiring…. All in the last 12 hours. Then they act devastated when it’s nothing :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Haha 7
55 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

Ok can I have some context here, before I cancel Miley in my head forever :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I saw memes of this too... And I just can't cope 

In context it’s actually one of her songs (Twinkle Song)… but out of context its a clip from one of her performances of the song. The meme is just so much better  :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

3 hours ago, The Finn said:

Honestly, I have no idea what kind of book(s) Britney would or should write. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

But I do know that the time it takes to write a book doesn’t necessarily compare with the quality of the book.

There are amazing books written very quickly thanks to a divine inspiration – and boring and uninspiring books that took years to write.

Someone may say they wrote their book for two years, but if you count only the time spent by the computer/typewriter writing, the actual writing time may be only weeks or a couple of months.

I plan my books carefully, then let the thoughts “simmer” in my subconscious mind for weeks or months, adding every now and then ideas to my plan.

When I’m ready to write, I write the book very quickly - towards the end stopping just to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. My mom, who is a bestselling and award-wining author in my country with over 100 books under her belt, writes her books using the same method.

That’s why I haven’t written any books since I got my second child – unlike my mom, I don’t want to be emotionally unavailable for my kids for 2–4 weeks in a row. 😊

Here are a few great books written in less than a month: https://www.mprnews.org/amp/story/2015/11/04/bcst-books-written-in-one-month

Hold on a sec!

We are NOT talking about FICTION dear, where creating plots, characters and storylines from scratch come into play. That’s where divine inspiration and heaps of creativity are as useful as they  are vital.

It’s a work of NON-FICTION i.e a biography/auto-biography, so facts and memory are important. Therefore, lots of research and fact checking, running things through lawyers, digging up newspaper/magazine articles and interviews etc. Of course there are heaps of legal and court stuff regarding the Conservatorship and prior to this. No, this is not an easy book project. Lots and lots of desk work involved.

If you’re looking for clout or a clap back, look elsewhere. You claim to work in publishing but seem to not have a clue.

And kindly, simmer down. There is no book. You’re wasting your energy on a rumour you wish to be true. 

Edited by Justin Woodpond
7 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Hold on a sec!

We are not talking about FICTION dear, where creating plots, characters and storylines from scratch come into play. That’s where divine inspiration and heaps of creativity are as useful as they  are vital.

It’s a work of non fiction, an biography/auto-biography, so facts and memory are needed. Therefore, lots of research and fact checking, running things through lawyers, digging up newspaper/magazine articles and interviews etc. Of course there’s all the legal and court stuff. No, this is not an easy book project.

If you’re looking for clout or a clap back look elsewhere. You claim to work in publishing but seem to not have a clue.

And kindly, simmer down. There is no book. You’re wasting your energy on a rumour you wish to be true.

Yes, you’re right that writing a biography or sometimes a memoir has more steps than writing a fiction book and hence usually takes more time.

Though the current trend of writing a memoir that is really a collection of stories and “lessons learned” makes the process much faster. Jamie Lynn’s memoir sounds like one of those.

And you’re right – in the US where you can sue anyone you want for the most ridiculous reasons, checking with lawyers is kind-of necessary. 

But that’s probably why so many memoirs start with a disclaimer that  the writer probably remembers a lot of the events differently than others and changes the names and other details to “protect the innocent”. 😈

I admit that I have an issue with generalizations like “it takes two years to write a (good) book” and was triggered to argue against it. 😀

But please, don’t claim to know what I want, feel or hope. I honestly don’t care if Britney writes a book or not. I don’t care if she makes music or not. 

Nor do I have an urge to tell what she *should* or shouldn’t do.

I see Britney Spears as an adult woman and I trust she’ll do what she feels is best for her.

• Love 1