'Easy on me' by Adele has broken Spotify Record.

Moscow

Year 2021 and people still think that Adele is payola artist. I mean, people keep forgetting that Adele is NOT "pop girl" like Taylor Swift or Dua Lipa. She's so called adult contemporary artist so her league is more like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston etc. Her music may sound "boring" but adult contemporary music is not about the same qualities as pop music (dancing, having fun, s** etc), it's about raw emotion and powerful vocals in form of bare ballads. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

Year 2021 and people still think that Adele is payola artist. I mean, people keep forgetting that Adele is NOT "pop girl" like Taylor Swift or Dua Lipa. She's so called adult contemporary artist so her league is more like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston etc. Her music may sound "boring" but adult contemporary music is not about the same qualities as pop music (dancing, having fun, s** etc), it's about raw emotion and powerful vocals in form of bare ballads. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

This. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

On 10/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, Prachi said:

Label pushing her hard, this song is sent to radios in 5 formats be ready to listen to her all time + 95m playlisting on spotify for this song alone. 

It is CRAZY how the industry can just decide that a song is gonna be a hit and makes sure it is, while other artists who have to struggle to reach even a fraction of the audience. 

It is becoming more and more difficult to have an organic hit. I remember when having a No.1 meant most people in the country have heard the song AND likes it. That being said, I think Adele has this crazy combination of the industry pushing her hard and she also delivers good music, she deserves all of the success, but so does many other artists. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block