Squid games traumatized me (not joking)

29 minutes ago, Slaaay***** said:

It actually has a storyline and characters with heart .. it’s about friendship and sacrifice and learning what means the most in life. It’s not all just gore and violence. I really enjoyed it and I didn’t think I would. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: How are people traumatised by it? Compared to horror films it’s not scary at all. 

then you are desensitized.

11 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I watched the first 15 minutes of episode 1 and I stopped there because I could already sense the tense and dangerous atmosphere and I hate that. Then I started hearing what it is about and all the awful stuff that it shows and I can't believe that people actually watch this. What is wrong with the world.

4 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

then you are desensitized.

Babes it’s a tv show. Even my nana watched it and said it was boring. Y’all need to calm down lmao

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching summaries of the show done by this guy:

I love this channel because I'm usually more interested in the ideas / plots / concepts presented than the actual shows or movies, so it's a great way to explore those without having to commit to a full series or film. Unfortunately, I'm kinda obsessed, so I think I'm just gonna watch the whole show now even though I've watched the summaries, as I've never particularly cared about spoilers. It's just too good. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: Also, loved that it wasn't just mindless gore. It had a lot of profound messages. The plot twists and betrayals were a bit much, though. I'm not a crier, but these moments were certainly gut-wrenching. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette: Finally, I'd like to formally announce that I have the hots for Sangwoo despite him being awful. I googled the actor, and he didn't do much for me, but for some reason he was really hot in the show. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

On 10/15/2021 at 7:34 AM, FreeBritBrit said:

So I've binged watched all 9 episodes and I regret doing it. I finished it last night at 2am.

The traumatizing part was the reality of it. Its too real and that scared the **** out of me.

The most ****ed up thing was- harvesting organs from the eliminated and then those lunatics laughing how they r-aped the dead woman and how they took organs from still alive person

LIKE WHAT THE ****

When they started doing marbles- the whole episode gave me anxiety.

But the whole thing seems so real- if you have a well populated country with ****loads of poor people who are gone missing, no one's going to care. It is super possible they are in some ****ed up place, doing ****ed up things to survive and when they die- their organs go bye-bye

It just seems to me like a scenario from reality.

Epstein's island was somewhat similar to Squid Games- poor children brought to it for the elite. SAME ****! That's what is super ****ed up. We've seen this in reality.

I wouldn't be shocked if this kinda ****ed up thing is going on somewhere on the planet and that is ****ed up.

I enjoy the cinematography, characters and stuff but I wouldn't NOT let kids watch this. Too violent and gore. And mixing childrens colorful games and things with such ****ed up things seems like a way to desensitize kids to most violent, ****ed up things.

I couldn't sleep. Just.... If you want to watch something like this just stick to The Hunger Games. It is violent but def. NOT to this extreme.

Aw, I actually really enjoy the naïveté in this post, not being sarcastic. I guess you’ve never heard of the dark web? That’s real and that’s where the human depravity really shines. I’ve never been on but I have read reddit threads of people that have. 

Also, have you never been on reddit in general? You see crazy stuff on there all the time. This is just the real world, my friend. The real world is scary and full of evil and hate, but at the same time you have to see the other side of it all. The world is also very happy, full of wonder and joy and good people. Just because you are aware of the dark side doesn’t mean you’re desensitized; it just means your not ignorant of it. 

Don’t let stuff like this scare you so much, there’s worse (and better) things going on in the world right now!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block