Squid games traumatized me (not joking)

So I've binged watched all 9 episodes and I regret doing it. I finished it last night at 2am.

The traumatizing part was the reality of it. Its too real and that scared the **** out of me.

The most ****ed up thing was- harvesting organs from the eliminated and then those lunatics laughing how they r-aped the dead woman and how they took organs from still alive person

LIKE WHAT THE ****

When they started doing marbles- the whole episode gave me anxiety.

But the whole thing seems so real- if you have a well populated country with ****loads of poor people who are gone missing, no one's going to care. It is super possible they are in some ****ed up place, doing ****ed up things to survive and when they die- their organs go bye-bye

It just seems to me like a scenario from reality.

Epstein's island was somewhat similar to Squid Games- poor children brought to it for the elite. SAME ****! That's what is super ****ed up. We've seen this in reality.

I wouldn't be shocked if this kinda ****ed up thing is going on somewhere on the planet and that is ****ed up.

I enjoy the cinematography, characters and stuff but I wouldn't NOT let kids watch this. Too violent and gore. And mixing childrens colorful games and things with such ****ed up things seems like a way to desensitize kids to most violent, ****ed up things.

I couldn't sleep. Just.... If you want to watch something like this just stick to The Hunger Games. It is violent but def. NOT to this extreme.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

Oh no it's absolutely true, these things actually do happen. The Elite really is utterly sick, and what the old man says in the end is absolutely accurate, once you have billions upon billions or even trillions, nothing is unreachable to you. So nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, gives you the thrill anymore.

I actually have met (completely accidentally) 3 men from circles like these. They never told me straight forward such things are happening, but they sure as hell hinted it on multiple occasions. And I met them because I had awesome s** with them lol. 

But yeah, Squid Game overall is filled with symbolism the elite quite enjoys (checkerboards, animal masks on the rich people who come in the end, triangles, etc.). People have often mixed these symbols with satanism and the illuminati back in the day, however, these symbols represent the rich elite very much. Nothing related to Satan or religion, but very much related to the spiritual realm and "enlightenment" but the way they see it. I completely understand why it scared you, these things have been happening for centuries and are still happening today. 

Squid Game, to me, seems like an attempt to make the overall population less empathetic and resistant to feeling disgust when faced with these atrocious occurances.

It's still a great TV show nevertheless. I enjoyed watching it, and the actors have done a remarkable job :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gapeach704 said:

I don't even understand what TF the show is.  A little bit of me doesn't even want to watch because everyone else is.

Imagine the hunger games but in korea and 100x less kids friendly

main character is everything opposite of Katniss

male

dumb

lazy

gambler

loser with no partner

main plot

- poor people fighting for lives

- rich people are watching it

-the winner gets a reward

-the main character wants to return to end the games  (same as in the hunger games)

so basically like korean version with more gory, and more violent hunger games.

2 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Imagine the hunger games but in korea and 100x less kids friendly

main character is everything opposite of Katniss

male

dumb

lazy

gambler

loser with no partner

main plot

- poor people fighting for lives

- rich people are watching it

-the winner gets a reward

-the main character wants to return to end the games  (same as in the hunger games)

so basically like korean version with more gory, and more violent hunger games.

This actually sounds pretty good.  Hopefully my dog calms TF down tonight so I can watch it lol

• Haha 1

The series isn't even that gory though. The most interesting aspect is the character interactions and development. The writer(s) did an amazing job making the audience grow attached the main cast in a short amount of time, which is why episode six resonated so powerfully with viewers.

If I had to make one complaint about the series it's that the actual squid game was such a small part of the series and didn't play that big of a role despite the series being named after it. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

• Like 1
23 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

So I've binged watched all 9 episodes and I regret doing it. I finished it last night at 2am.

The traumatizing part was the reality of it. Its too real and that scared the **** out of me.

The most ****ed up thing was- harvesting organs from the eliminated and then those lunatics laughing how they r-aped the dead woman and how they took organs from still alive person

LIKE WHAT THE ****

When they started doing marbles- the whole episode gave me anxiety.

But the whole thing seems so real- if you have a well populated country with ****loads of poor people who are gone missing, no one's going to care. It is super possible they are in some ****ed up place, doing ****ed up things to survive and when they die- their organs go bye-bye

It just seems to me like a scenario from reality.

Epstein's island was somewhat similar to Squid Games- poor children brought to it for the elite. SAME ****! That's what is super ****ed up. We've seen this in reality.

I wouldn't be shocked if this kinda ****ed up thing is going on somewhere on the planet and that is ****ed up.

I enjoy the cinematography, characters and stuff but I wouldn't NOT let kids watch this. Too violent and gore. And mixing childrens colorful games and things with such ****ed up things seems like a way to desensitize kids to most violent, ****ed up things.

I couldn't sleep. Just.... If you want to watch something like this just stick to The Hunger Games. It is violent but def. NOT to this extreme.

Is it an all Asian Korean cast?

15 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

No. The VIPs are dumb americans (white people) and their acting is the definition of horrible. Horrible actors and horrible acting. They cant act ****.

thats cuz theyre likely not actors, just regular people

i lived in japan for many years and basically they hire any foreigners for tv shows or comercials lol cuz they arent many, most are english teachers or employees

• Like 1

I watched the first 15 minutes of episode 1 and I stopped there because I could already sense the tense and dangerous atmosphere and I hate that. Then I started hearing what it is about and all the awful stuff that it shows and I can't believe that people actually watch this. What is wrong with the world.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It actually has a storyline and characters with heart .. it’s about friendship and sacrifice and learning what means the most in life. It’s not all just gore and violence. I really enjoyed it and I didn’t think I would. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: How are people traumatised by it? Compared to horror films it’s not scary at all. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block