Popular opinion: oops fifth single

9 hours ago, Isla said:

Should have been a single instead of Don’t Let Me Be the Last To Know!! 

DLMBTLTK was a perfect 4th single, a ballad after uptempo OIDIA and Stronger and midtempo Lucky 

And you know how much Britney loved that song (idk if she still does)

But as a 5th single I would prefer DGKOMD instead of WUSIWUG, as someone said, it's too similar to OIDIA 

DGKOMD is not very far from that but still further🤷🏼 

And I don't understand why they only released 4 singles for such a HUGE era, there should have been at least 6 singles:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Why would they release a carbon copy of “Oops” as the fifth single? I mean, it’s a cute song but it’s literally just the Walmart version of “Oops” (the song) with a slight rework. If they were going to go with a fifth single that era, “WYESI” or “Walk On By” made the most sense. That Max Martin formula gets tired after awhile.

How you dare :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

40 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

And I don't understand why they only released 4 singles for such a HUGE era, there should have been at least 6 singles:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

The only logical reason is the fact that they were already pushing the next era through. There was only 6 months from DLMBTLTK to I'm a Slave 4 u. I mean artists who release 6-10 singles per album have eras that last like 3 years :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

The only logical reason is the fact that they were already pushing the next era through. There was only 6 months from DLMBTLTK to I'm a Slave 4 u. I mean artists who release 6-10 singles per album have eras that last like 3 years :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Yes, it makes sense 

I wouldn't have a problem with 3-year Britney's era if that would mean more singles and more videos but I understand they wanted to release those albums quickly to get that coin

• Like 1

Can’t make you love me would have been epic.

Satisfaction would have been the logical bridge in sound between Oops and Slave though. It’s  a nice contrast to the Max Martin Oops/Baby/Crazy sound and the lyrics were a bit more mature, which would transition smoothly into Slave.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

WUSIWUG simply because i always wanted a version without that answering machine message attached.

I dont know that a fifth single would have done well tho. Music was beginning to go to an edgier urban pop sound by the time it would have been released and nothing on Oops really had that.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Arwen said:

WUSIWUG simply because i always wanted a version without that answering machine message attached.

I dont know that a fifth single would have done well tho. Music was beginning to go to an edgier urban pop sound by the time it would have been released and nothing on Oops really had that.

That moment when you realize it’s Fe on the other line when as a child I thought it was a fellow girlfriend of Britney’s :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

DLMBTLTK was a perfect 4th single, a ballad after uptempo OIDIA and Stronger and midtempo Lucky 

And you know how much Britney loved that song (idk if she still does)

But as a 5th single I would prefer DGKOMD instead of WUSIWUG, as someone said, it's too similar to OIDIA 

DGKOMD is not very far from that but still further🤷🏼 

Very fair points. DLMBTLTK is lovely but I don't think it really works well as a single imo. What U See was RIGHT THERE!!!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Why would they release a carbon copy of “Oops” as the fifth single? I mean, it’s a cute song but it’s literally just the Walmart version of “Oops” (the song) with a slight rework. If they were going to go with a fifth single that era, “WYESI” or “Walk On By” made the most sense. That Max Martin formula gets tired after awhile.

I have to say I agree. I like WYSIWYG but it’s very similar to Oops and I’m glad she went for something different.