What would be different with Britney’s music career if she’s not in conservatorship?

I remember in one of Jonathan Ross interview, she mentioned on how she didn’t get a say in final mixing or final cut of her album. But on glory she did have some creative control because she is being ‘strategic’ about it:
https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/103502646.html

Which got me thinking, the only time Britney seems to have a slight control of her music is when:

- she record Telephone, but Gaga said the entire thing was a mess, probably because of Jamie and she refused to talk about it or some NDA (via popjustice interview in 2011)

What’s your worst song?

I hate ‘Telephone’. Is that terrible to say? It’s the song I have the most difficult time listening to.

Because it was offered to Britney first?

Well that’s not exactly what happened, but I don’t want to delve into that. I could delve into it if you turn that (motions to recorder) off… But ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me. So when I say it’s my worst song it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it.

- Make Me music video concept by David Lachapelle that is so Britney. Scrapped because the wicked witch Robin caught wind with the subliminal message of the video. 
- Pushing the cover of Tom’s Diner with Giorgio Moroder in classic Britney fashion, which I think is what her concept would be for Britney Jean/Pretty Girls era:

I believe the inability to work on final mixing is what make Britney’s album post Blackout seem lacklustre and missing that “Britney” essence. Not to mention her best career decision is when she fight the label, and that includes scrapping robot video for Baby one more time, and making Toxic a single instead of boom boom.

I know that when she dug Brave new girl out of her catalogue last week, she is craving making music and have the absolute creative control. She can go to whichever direction she wants now that she’s free.

Other thing that might change is probably her choreography. Her dance move is like a Zumba routine because:

- she didn’t get paid for her hard work

- she is not involved with choreographer, talent scouting, so she only get what was given to her. Britney’s dancer used to suggest cool dance moves to her and she would incorporate that into her routine. This is won’t be the case if you have Edan 24/7 prison guarding and pushing ***** on her. 

Being Britney caliber, who is able to fish out talents Wade Robson and Andre Fuentes out of nothing, she can definitely get a triple A dance moves from Parris Goebel or FKA Twigs. Imagine Britney pulling these off:

https://youtu.be/eGNkw3d2CzY&t=262s

If she ever decided to get back to making music, she can have EVERYBODY to work for her. Hell, she can even ask Gaga to re-record telephone if she ever want a Circus rerelease. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

What do you guys think? How Britney would slay if she’s not under con team *****?

• Love 3

I think you’re looking too deep into this. Jamie and Robin never had the final say when it came to her career; say about ‘Telephone’ or shelving ‘Make Me’’s video. It was literally confirmed by LaChapelle that Britney, herself, was the one who didn’t like the video and decided that it wasn’t going to work. I don’t blame her either since the video was distasteful and the GENERAL PUBLIC (not fans) would have most likely mocked her for it due to its poor execution. If there was anything that was hands-off when it came to ‘Team Con’, it was the art, music and video. That was solely the responsibility of her record label and A&R executives at the time. Britney is a MAINSTREAM pop act with an incredible machine behind her. She was never really given that opportunity to fully escape that machine and work independently. Even when she tried to be more hands on with her craft, she was usually shut down by her label. IMO, it’s her record label that is mostly complicit for her lack of evolution as a pop artist. They silenced her a lot, especially when it came to her wanting to break free as the pop tycoon we knew her from the 1998-2004 years. The constraints of the conservatorship itself also killed a lot of her passion, motivation and drive as an artist. I believe that’s why we saw an overall decline in quality and in her craft since 2007/08. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, strongertomorrow said:

I hope she steps away from all the main stream music, I miss it when you could hear actual instruments in her songs

I would love her to do a more rock style album, I think it fits her voice really well, I remember the Alanis Morissette cover which was ******* awesome

YES

Her stuff would be way more personal and way more “urban”, in her own words haha

• Love 2

I know the purpose of a forum is to discuss ideas like this, but at the same time I feel like, sigh... to even wonder about stuff like this because there's simply no way we could know. 

First of all there's many assumptions, that everyone has, and starting there we're already having an inaccurate image, like people thinking Blackout was all the product of Britney's vision just because she's listed as executive producer, when we know from the actual producers of the songs that it was mostly them who came up with all the concepts and Britney just approved and did her part, without being that involved as some fans love to imagine.

But even if that was the case, we don't know if Britney would've wanted to repeat or follow the path of Blackout in future records, given her "been there, done that" mentality, so maybe she would eventually end up going back to her pop roots anyways, or something completely different. That's where the discussion becomes tiresome for me, because literally anything could've happened. She could've done a country album, or whatever, there's really no way to know that. 

Another assumption is to believe that without the conservatorship she would've had full control and final decisions over everything, but she was still under a contract with a record label and they would've always had the final saying in everything. We don't know if they would've supported any idea from her, or that if she changed labels she would've had the same success to continue making records. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I think you’re looking too deep into this. Jamie and Robin never had the final say when it came to her career; say about ‘Telephone’ or shelving ‘Make Me’’s video. It was literally confirmed by LaChapelle that Britney, herself, was the one who didn’t like the video and decided that it wasn’t going to work. I don’t blame her either since the video was distasteful and the GENERAL PUBLIC (not fans) would have most likely mocked her for it due to its poor execution. If there was anything that was hands-off when it came to ‘Team Con’, it was the art, music and video. That was solely the responsibility of her record label and A&R executives at the time. Britney is a MAINSTREAM pop act with an incredible machine behind her. She was never really given that opportunity to fully escape that machine and work independently. Even when she tried to be more hands on with her craft, she was usually shut down by her label. IMO, it’s her record label that is mostly complicit for her lack of evolution as a pop artist. They silenced her a lot, especially when it came to her wanting to break free as the pop tycoon we knew her from the 1998-2004 years. The constraints of the conservatorship itself also killed a lot of her passion, motivation and drive as an artist. I believe that’s why we saw an overall decline in quality and in her craft since 2007/08. 

I don't know if I believe she was the one to scrap the OG Make Me video. Jamie or Larry could've just lied to LaChapelle, the same way Jamie lied to Fe to manipulate the situation. Now that we know how she really felt in the CON, that video has so much more meaning as well as the original set up for the album cover of her being chained to a house. As far as it being too distasteful for her, again I think it was her team scrapping those scenes, here the whole video but also in Work Betch. I only think that because now that Brit is no longer under team CON she released a ton of nüdes on IG. 

I wonder if she would've had way more tattoos by now like Rihanna or Ariana, if she was always free?

a8cc49137d0ac87d43b65c2b3b0e695b.jpg

8772b0d017c59be1a22da224a0d6d3cf.jpg

6 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Yeah the same time when Fe was told Britney didn’t want her. You have to remember she was standing naked for hours for her body paint. If she didn’t like it, she wouldn’t record it. Scrapping Lachapelle vision for a cringy Randee mess is something that Jessica Simpson would do, not a star who invent pop culture. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Love 1