Which mainstream artists are on their way to becoming a flop?

Everyone loves to see mainstream artists flop :eyes_britney_laugh:

Any guesses? :eyes_britney_laugh:

Spoiler

But first of all, we have to define what ''flop'' means. Any ideas? :eyes_britney_laugh: It's hard to look at this through my eyes because I understand that because of social media it's way easier for a fandom to get together and do a job of getting their fave to #1. Fans nowadays can easily connect and get someone to #1, it is like a try for a fandom if they can do that or not. It's all about a fandom here. Not general public. You have a huge fandom? You'll probably get a number one that will fall few spots next week :eyes_britney_laugh: That's why I don't know if #1 on Billboard Hot 100 means that a song is a hit. Before social media it obviously looked totally different but at the same time there's a lot of classic, hit songs from the past that weren't #1.

The best example of a mainstream artists that became a big flop is definitely Katy Perry. Her fandom was huge and now? No idea what processes happened but it seems like she lost fans and general public doesn't care about her at all. She flops hard.

Who do you think is next when it comes to flopping hard? :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Haha 5

Doja Cat comes to mind. I think shes good but i think she got the good support and investment from the music industry for a top of the top Artist but didnt fully harness it or deliver - and I dont think future albums will make her bigger. But id love to be proven wrong in the future tbh.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Henry M. Torres said:

What about Ariana? Seems like this ''Positions'' era made people care less about her?

The issue with Positions was it was too soon after TYN, had little promo before coming out, and had no live performances other than the vevo performances a few weeks ago. I think her next album will be better as long as it sounds nothing like this one 

:yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Agreed. But, the other members of 1D though....:makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: they're probably home waiting for that phone call for a reunion tour :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: 

But, I'll have front row seats when they do reunite though :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I think Niall has a lot of potential and I love the 'Flicker' album... Zayn is awesome, but his last releases are too weird... Louis has some great songs but the majority are not very interesting.... Liam has a few bops but he seems to be just jumping on trends.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block