Monster energy won’t comment on whether it still has ties to Jamie

6 hours ago, Brit52 said:

To be fair, Jamie hasn't been convicted or even charged with anything. You're asking a brand to potentially break a contract over hearsay 

Not saying he ISNT guilty, but in a legal sense, he hasn't done anything wrong (that has been proven without a shadow of a doubt)

Cancel culture has gotten so out of hand that once one person says something about someone they dislike, whether it's deserved or not, people lose their entire livelihoods and lives are ruined

Again, I'm not saying Jamie is innocent, I'm more speaking about culture cancel in general.

Also if they declined to comment then maybe they did cut ties and have decided to just stay out of the entire mess completely 

Yeah Jamie is innocent, he just drugged her daughter, made her work against her will, has an active restraining order for domestic violence and made her go to a psychiatric facility, no big deal :)

• Love 3

I don't know what this drink is, and I really don't know why they thought Jamie was an attractive prospect for their branding, or what exactly he does for them (wear their sweatshirt?) but I can't imagine he's such a huge thing that they feel they have to explain if he's there or not there.

In general, though, I wish the entertainment world would show more solidarity with Britney. I guess celebrities can't easily dump Lou or Larry, without creating a legal mess for themselves. But more could be said. This conservatorship game is an attack on artists, and came close to being an accepted "hybrid business model".

Why is that musical still going on? The least they could do is acknowledge the situation.

Skechers is an exception to the rule, so far.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Brit52 said:

To be fair, Jamie hasn't been convicted or even charged with anything. You're asking a brand to potentially break a contract over hearsay 

Not saying he ISNT guilty, but in a legal sense, he hasn't done anything wrong (that has been proven without a shadow of a doubt)

Cancel culture has gotten so out of hand that once one person says something about someone they dislike, whether it's deserved or not, people lose their entire livelihoods and lives are ruined

Again, I'm not saying Jamie is innocent, I'm more speaking about culture cancel in general.

Also if they declined to comment then maybe they did cut ties and have decided to just stay out of the entire mess completely 

To be fair, Jamie kind of deserves to lose his livelihood and have his life ruined. He's unapologetically done that to his daughter.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Corruptured Colon said:

To be fair, Jamie kind of deserves to lose his livelihood and have his life ruined. He's unapologetically done that to his daughter.

Oh I'm not questioning that at all... my train of thought was more along the lines of a PR perspective for Monster

What Wendy said to Jamie. Lol like I said,I'm not at all defending him... I guess I'm defending Monster (tbh at this point I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore)

20 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

Oh I'm not questioning that at all... my train of thought was more along the lines of a PR perspective for Monster

What Wendy said to Jamie. Lol like I said,I'm not at all defending him... I guess I'm defending Monster (tbh at this point I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore)

Haha no worries! I do agree with your post that cancel culture is getting kind of out of hand, though. I personally think it's better to give someone the opportunity to apologize and learn from a mistake than cancel them altogether, which is why I mentioned that Jamie "unapologetically" took away Britney's livelihood.

Although, if we're being honest, even if Jamie did express genuine sorrow, I'm not sure I'd be able to forgive him. He's probably an exception for me.

• Like 1
On 10/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, Kletus said:

Well Jamie Lynn isn’t associated with anything, the only company that could disown her would be baby bottle pop :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Well she apparently is still working for Core Foods as a brand ambassador. She just did a post pushing their probiotic bars on her Instagram right now. 

I just don’t understand it. Other people get dropped as brand ambassadors at the drop of a hat. But these companies want to continue working with Jamie & Jamie Lynn Spears?

It especially seems unfair because you know the only reason they wanted to work with them in the first place is because of their relationship to Britney.

It’s just sickening that they STILL get to keep exploiting that for $$$. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 10/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, KatieKat said:

I wrote to Monster energy drinks to ask if they still had any business ties to Jamie Spears. I started wondering about it after seeing Robin Greenhill wearing clothes with the Monster logo when she was filmed at the airport. 

They wrote me back and said they “respectfully decline” to comment. I’m a bit shocked that they don’t think customers have a right to know. It also makes me think that maybe Jamie is still getting $$$ from them as a brand ambassador or whatever he was. 

Usually when there’s a scandal (sometimes even stupid “scandals” that aren’t really that big of a deal) companies who worked with the people involved are quick to publicly break ties and denounce the behavior. Why isn’t this happening to Jamie or Jamie Lynn? 

I don’t want to support a brand that won’t publicly distance itself from people involved with Britney’s conservatorship. So just wanted to put that on here in case others feel the same. 

Edit/Add on: Anyone can submit a comment or question to Monster by using the “contact us” link on their website monsterenergy.com

They also have social media accounts

I called them today and they verified they are no longer sponsoring them. The guy I actually spoke was really nice and upbeat about it and the tone of his voice seemed like he agreed with me when I mentioned they shouldn't sponsor people who abuse family members. He said they haven't sponsored them for a while and left it at that

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 10/13/2021 at 3:27 PM, Kletus said:

Well Jamie Lynn isn’t associated with anything, the only company that could disown her would be baby bottle pop :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

She’s now associated with Worthy Publishing/Hachette so there’s that… single handedly killing the reading community with her garbage book 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, queenofhearts said:

I called them today and they verified they are no longer sponsoring them. The guy I actually spoke was really nice and upbeat about it and the tone of his voice seemed like he agreed with me when I mentioned they shouldn't sponsor people who abuse family members. He said they haven't sponsored them for a while and left it at that

Good to know! Thanks for the update. 
: )

• Like 2