Monster energy won’t comment on whether it still has ties to Jamie

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, brightchildremix said:

Jamie is not a celebrity, so companies like Monster would think it's not necessary to cut ties with him as no one will notice or criticize them.

Very true but what pull does he have endorsing them? Deadbeat dads exploiting their children is their demographic? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

To be fair, Jamie hasn't been convicted or even charged with anything. You're asking a brand to potentially break a contract over hearsay 

Not saying he ISNT guilty, but in a legal sense, he hasn't done anything wrong (that has been proven without a shadow of a doubt)

Cancel culture has gotten so out of hand that once one person says something about someone they dislike, whether it's deserved or not, people lose their entire livelihoods and lives are ruined

Again, I'm not saying Jamie is innocent, I'm more speaking about culture cancel in general.

Also if they declined to comment then maybe they did cut ties and have decided to just stay out of the entire mess completely 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

To be fair, Jamie hasn't been convicted or even charged with anything. You're asking a brand to potentially break a contract over hearsay 

Not saying he ISNT guilty, but in a legal sense, he hasn't done anything wrong (that has been proven without a shadow of a doubt)

Cancel culture has gotten so out of hand that once one person says something about someone they dislike, whether it's deserved or not, people lose their entire livelihoods and lives are ruined

Again, I'm not saying Jamie is innocent, I'm more speaking about culture cancel in general.

Also if they declined to comment then maybe they did cut ties and have decided to just stay out of the entire mess completely 

I mean that’s kind of my point though.

In today’s society, people who make an offensive joke can lose everything. People lose their s*** over a Halloween costume they don’t like. 
I’m not saying that’s good — but it’s bizarre to me that in that given climate, Monster wouldn’t want to be quick and clear about parting ways with someone like Jamie, who is facing very serious allegations of abuse that are backed by more than just one person. 

Plus he has restraining orders against him. Courts don’t just issue those out for nothing. I would think that would be enough to lose his job as a brand ambassador. 

But at any rate, whether they are or are not still working with him, I think customers should have a right to know.

5 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Where’s the proof they said this? Usually a company never replies to these sort of things unless they have removed the problematic person. Not saying it’s not true but the wording seems off.

I just sent the company an email and that’s the response I got back. 

You can email them too and see what they respond with. Maybe if more people do, then they’ll actually answer the question at some point. 

• Super Mods
16 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Honestly, yes that is probably their demographic :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

The people drinking it usually have the same amount of teeth as Britney's uncle.

Monsters supporting fellow monsters, okay I get it now :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Corruptured Colon said:

Maybe if we all wrote in and asked they’d feel more compelled to cut ties with them. How did you contact them? I’ll drop em a line!

Just go to their website monsterenergy.com

They have a “contact us” link that lets you submit a question or comment. 

They also have social media accounts if you want to leave comments there.

• Like 2