Sam and Britney won’t crop puppy Porsha’s ears

10 hours ago, PrinceEric said:

I’ve never had a dog nor I’m familiar with dog caring, but… do people cut their dog’s ears?? WTF is this? Seems totally inhumane

A lot of it has to do with the "standard" appearance of the dog for a show standard I.e a dog show, or their function I.e a hunting dog. This mainly comes down to physical characteristics through both breeding and cosmetic purposes, both of which have lead to ethics issues.

Certain dogs can be deemed not up to show quality if they fail to meet the standard descriptors.

A Doberman, based on these ridiculous standards, should have ears standing up and a docked tail....just because...which is unnecessary. 

Some argue that it is functional, for example, hunting dogs with a long tail might get caught, but let's be real here....whose keeping a hunting dog and why are you arguing that an animal might hurt when purposefully hunting animals.

This was a bit of a rant, but its important as the standards are messing dogs up for profit.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Yess... the floppy ears are sooo freakin' cute.  And that's so sad the tail was clipped.  That should be illegal everywhere. 

Porsha's gonna live it's best life with Britney and Sam :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I don't like the mention of PETA though... if people actually knew the horrible things they do to animals while virtue signaling and pretending like they're activists... they would be cancelled.

• Love 1
On 10/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

A lot of it has to do with the "standard" appearance of the dog for a show standard I.e a dog show, or their function I.e a hunting dog. This mainly comes down to physical characteristics through both breeding and cosmetic purposes, both of which have lead to ethics issues.

Certain dogs can be deemed not up to show quality if they fail to meet the standard descriptors.

A Doberman, based on these ridiculous standards, should have ears standing up and a docked tail....just because...which is unnecessary. 

Some argue that it is functional, for example, hunting dogs with a long tail might get caught, but let's be real here....whose keeping a hunting dog and why are you arguing that an animal might hurt when purposefully hunting animals.

This was a bit of a rant, but its important as the standards are messing dogs up for profit.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. It is horrible that some people think butchering their pets’ ears or tails (or whatever else) for beauty standards is okay.

Don’t feel bad about “ranting” about this. Speaking for myself, I never imagined things like this happened, so I’m glad that you have informed me about it.