''Liar'' Should Have Been The Lead Single of ''Glory''

''Liar'' as the lead single  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I don't think it should've been the lead single, but it should've been a single.

10 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Errrm no. Just because you liked it doesn’t mean the general public would have perceived it that way. Don’t get me wrong, I actually think that ‘Liar’ is one of the better songs off of Glory but the production always felt heavy; almost overproduced. It sounded dated upon release and I don’t think it would have worked as a lead in any way, shape or form. ‘Slumber Party’ should have been the lead if we’re being honest. That song was IT and the production still sounds polished to this day. ‘Change Your Mind’ could have also worked as a lead with some minor production tweaks here and there. ‘Just Luv Me’ as well but I hate that she sounds like a frog on the track. Not to mention, the repetitive and monotonous chorus.

5 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

Ummm noo.. it's a cool track but Make Me was a perfect choice for 1st single and set up the mood for rest of the album :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

4 minutes ago, rennen said:

you thought wrong GIF

How can I ban people on Exhale? :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Haha 4

You know, I was very critical of the singles choices back then but now I realize those two were the best choices. She sounds great and they aged so well. Unpopular opinion but G-Eazy was a good addition to Make Me :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

Mood Ring, Man On The Moon and also Liar would've been great. The rest of the tracks... I can say it en español: No Way Smh GIF by Apple Music

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

I never understood how people didn’t like Make Me. That song is fire! Yeah it’s a mid tempo but Britney’s best songs normally are! I love the bass and guitar rift in the chorus. It has that lead single sound, powerful for sure. Make Me is a gem and I hope one day it gets the love it deserves kind of like Work ***** did.  

It’s boring, that’s why. The lyrics aren’t also the best either. I mean, the vocals and melody are nice in the chorus / post-chorus but that’s about it. Not to mention, G-Eazy ruins the vibe of the song. His verse is terrible. She should have had someone like Ty Dolla $ign or Wiz Khalifa to better capture the essence and compliment the song more. That, or it probably would have been even better for her to go solo and just have a proper bridge instead.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1