''Liar'' Should Have Been The Lead Single of ''Glory''

''Liar'' as the lead single  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The singles should've been like this:

1. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  2. Make Me... / Mood Ring
  3. Better
  4. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
  5. Liar
  6. Man on the Moon

If we could release more, I'd release If I'm Dancing. Actually, I think I wouldn't release Make Me... at all :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: it's a great song, but I'd appreciate it more if it was only an album track. 

Private Show should've been released as a stand-alone single before the album, with full video, to promote the fragrance, but not included on Glory or only as a bonus track in certain versions. 

I think in a parallel universe, if they wanted to go with this artsy-fartsy style, they could've done a full "slow" era on purpose, if she was fully committed to that:

1. Invitation
  2. Make Me...
  3. Mood Ring
  4. Coupure Électrique
  5. Just Like Me
  6. Slumber Party
  • Haha 1

Make Me was perfect. But it should of been a buzz m/intro single, released with the original visual video - i think it was rumoured to be a whole 17min visual. I also would of incorporated some other Glory tracks in a cool way. Maybe begun the visual with Invitation/SITS vibes. 

The REAL launch single should of been -

Mood Ring - whoever made the decision to demote that song to JP bonus status, should never work in the industry again!! Mood Ring really was Britneys shot at a huge hit. Everyone around me thats heard the song has stopped and asked and were mindblown when i told them it was Britney. They LOVED the production and vocals. DJ Mustard was huge that year, Rihannas Anti dropped earlier and Mood Ring had that ‘Needed Me’ vibe which was also hot at the time and with an amazing visual and an invested Britney - it really could of done damage. I can just picture a grimy, bluey, green shadowy neon lit warehouse type environment, chains hanging from the ceiling grating, iconic blonde hair, contour makeup, leather. An amazing urban dance breakdown with extension of the songs instrumental/new adlibs. Its such a missed opportunity.. It could of been epic. 

Single 2 - Slumber Party - video was perfect 

Single 3 - If Im Dancing/Just Luv Me/DYWCO/

Single 4 - Love Me Down/Liar/ChangeYourMind

I LOVE Liar, though idk about it being lead. 

I would have done Slumber Party first. Then used DYWCO, Just Luv Me and Mood Ring as the promo singles and given them a “visual” (instead of a full-on mv). Love Me Down for single #2, followed by Liar for single #3. Single #4 is Make Me, though Mood Ring could work as well. And in a magical world where we’d get a fifth single, I’d say that fifth and final single should have been a remix of  Change Your Mind ft. J Balvin or someone (instead of her go-to Pitbull 😭). 
A true DREAM.

Sorry for going off topic there, I’m GLORY obsessed and think of this often.

OT - I’d say, again, that I LOVE Liar and it definitely should have been a single, I’m just not sure about lead (though I wouldn’t have been mad about it 😛). The music video would have been a serve, I know it!!

PS. I HATE how they hid those beautiful vocals of hers at the end of the track! WTH. Why?? 😭

13 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

It’s boring, that’s why. The lyrics aren’t also the best either. I mean, the vocals and melody are nice in the chorus / post-chorus but that’s about it. Not to mention, G-Eazy ruins the vibe of the song. His verse is terrible. She should have had someone like Ty Dolla $ign or Wiz Khalifa to better capture the essence and compliment the song more. That, or it probably would have been even better for her to go solo and just have a proper bridge instead.

HuNNAY, you wrong though. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

I don't get why Exhale loves Liar so much... :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

In my opinion, the singles should have been:
1. Slumber Party as lead with added Coupure Électrique intro or outro in the MV to fit the dark vibe
2. Mood Ring
3. Better
4. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) (for countries where Spanish is popular)
4. Just Luv Me (for all other countries)
Bonus 5th single: Clumsy / Do You Wanna Come Over combined video

• Super Mods

The way people are answering “Yes” in the hopes of getting your ***** DMed to them. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Liar did not deserve to be the lead single. It deserves to be where it was placed: as an exclusive deluxe track! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

If we were going to get brave and select another song that should have replaced God Me, then I think Do You Wanna Come Over? deserves. Although I had no issue with God Me as the selected single. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Carry on! :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile: