''Liar'' Should Have Been The Lead Single of ''Glory''

''Liar'' as the lead single  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TakeYourHand said:

I never understood how people didn’t like Make Me. That song is fire! Yeah it’s a mid tempo but Britney’s best songs normally are! I love the bass and guitar rift in the chorus. It has that lead single sound, powerful for sure. Make Me is a gem and I hope one day it gets the love it deserves kind of like Work ***** did.  

Make me…she’s cute like a little snack you eat only while you’re dieting, Gerald didn’t add anything to the song tho

Liar is good... but make me and slumber party (WiTHOUT TINASHEEEEEER!!! ) are better songs off glory. 

Actually, glory is a good album but it isnt my fave. Her vocals are not the best on that record. I guess its because of the production or what, but for me she seems like shes having cold althroughout the songs. Some of the vocals are too chipmunkney... tho some parts are heavenly to the ears. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Errrm no. Just because you liked it doesn’t mean the general public would have perceived it that way. Don’t get me wrong, I actually think that ‘Liar’ is one of the better songs off of Glory but the production always felt heavy and vocals were poorly over-processed; almost overproduced. It sounded dated upon release and I don’t think it would have worked as a lead in any way, shape or form. ‘Slumber Party’ should have been the lead if we’re being honest. That song was IT and the production still sounds polished to this day. ‘Change Your Mind’ could have also worked as a lead with some minor production tweaks here and there. ‘Just Luv Me’ as well but I hate that she sounds like a frog during some parts of the song. Not to mention, the repetitive and monotonous chorus. ‘Matches’ would have also been a good candidate, solo of course; everything about it screams hit and the production is actually very enticing with a proper build-up. ‘Love Me Down’ and ‘Better’ were also hot productions but the lyrics for both tracks are atrocious, especially ‘Better’, so it wouldn’t have worked unless they changed the lyrics, that is. Once again, this just proves that a majority of Glory had potential but fell flat; if it wasn’t over-processed or flat vocals on some tracks, it was either bad lyrics and/or a production that needed some tweaking. For example,  look at  ‘Just Like Me’. The song starts off so gorgeous; like a folk-pop song with a beautiful guitar strum and her natural voice, then out of nowhere comes a generic trap beat and her repeating the same damn thing in the chorus with that awful vocal layer. Like what in the Britney Jean?? 😭😭😭 I still stand by the fact that ‘Slumber Party’ remains the best song and the absolute highlight off of that album.

The absolute TASTE of this post. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: It’s rare that I find someone who posts about the songs on Glory and I agree with most or all of it. 

EDIT: nevermind, your post about Make Me ruined it for me :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Haha 1