Showdown vs. The Hook Up

Showdown vs. The Hook Up  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Showdown is legit underrated. It's in gems category along with Blur, Unusual You, I Run Away, Early Mornin', Heaven on Earth, Scary, Mood Ring... I think people who only know Britney for her popular singles would be surprised with most of these. :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

Flawless taste. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jaiden said:

Impopular opinion but I think Unusual You terribly aged. The song has one of her weakest and most processed vocal performances ever

I love the vulnerability in the lyrics, and the bridge is such a moment for me. I understand the processed vocals point but then again her voice has been very processed since Blackout, in my opinion.  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

3 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

I love the vulnerability in the lyrics, and the bridge is such a moment for me. I understand the processed vocals point but then again her voice has been very processed since Blackout, in my opinion.  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Yes but her voice in unusual you is literally drowned in vocoder/backing vocal

This is what kills the song for me, though its beautiful

If she recorded it in Glory era the vocals would be better

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, rennen said:

Flawless taste. 

Aww thank you, and likewise if you appreciate these songs too! I love when Britney music gets a bit edgy. Some of her songs can be a bit shallow and just fun, but these have some sort of storytelling and a special vibe. I imagine music videos in my head when I hear them :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Showdown had 6 years old me shocked. Her sound changed so drastically it was crazy. 

• Love 1