Taylor swift returns to number one on the Billboard 200, makes a record as well. Lady gaga and Tony Bennett gets top ten debut as well. But number one jazz album

Taylor swift makes history as Fearless (Taylor's version) rebounds from 157 to number one, a record for a female artist.  

A friend (who I'm sure @CrazyButItFeelsAllright would love to meet) called Billboard out saying these pre orders after an album is out shouldn't count and should be disqualified, this is cheating, but I'm not surprised.  Billboard will cater to a select few acts, while leaving others in the dust. 

For the first time since The Fame peaked at number two, Lady gaga had her consecutive string of number one albums end after Love For sale debuted at number 8. 

2014's Cheek to Cheek debuted at number one and is her 3rd Chart topper (no matter what people say, Billboard makes the rules), its however number one on the jazz albums charts Gaga's second and Tony's record breaking 16th chart topper on that chart. 

The album is eligible for next year's Grammys as the cassette album was issued on the 30th of September, the cut off date. 

@Jordan Miller

@Prachi

@Blackout2006

40 minutes ago, SPEED28 said:

Then how you explain Katy flopping? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Katy market for sales is not biggest in US, while Taylor consists 70% of her sales from US itself she has even has sales in UK as well around only 3.4M albums + sold free tickets to the UK concert because she was struggling to sell how I know this? Because my niece is a big fan of hers and was sad to see tix are for free while she paid 60 euros for it.

Taylor is big in China and Philippines and okay placed in Australia though big flop in Europe otherwise. 

Katy did not even promote her new album nor had the play listing support, and I am not a fan of both just giving some fact check. 

• Love 1
On 10/11/2021 at 3:45 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

A friend (who I'm sure @CrazyButItFeelsAllright would love to meet) called Billboard out saying these pre orders after an album is out shouldn't count and should be disqualified, this is cheating, but I'm not surprised.  Billboard will cater to a select few acts, while leaving others in the dust. 

Why tho? These are actual copies not units. They already changed the rules and make more sense now, count when they actually ship and not before. Plus she is selling vinyls too, and they take more time than CDs to produce.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2021 at 7:08 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I still can’t get over the fact that she changed her release date just so she could get her number one spot before Adele dominated the charts. 
Its not even a studio album though, it’s a rerelease. She’s really obsessed with charts and Grammy’s and has clearly learnt nothing since Reputation didn’t get any nominations.

Adele will obviously overshadow everyone that week so which sensible artists wouldn’t  move their release date? 

She obviously wants to give RED at least one week in the spotlight.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block