"Once Upon a One More Time" Musical premieres next month

Roger

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Still waiting for Zabel and Rosengart to move forward. So far it feels like not much has changed when it comes to her management, contracts, social media etc., so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I mean it has been only a few days since Zabel has been made officially temporary conservator, it's not like they can move forward any faster than they are, really... the guy basically freed her in a couple months, let's have a little faith in them and give them some time to do things right

6 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Jamie still made the deal so he’s still entitled to a % of revenue’s from the shows, just like Larry and Lou as they need to get paid for their work, and that payment is a % of profit from Britney/the show. That’s how contracts work. Just because they don’t work for her anymore, doesn’t make the contract void unfortunately

we don't really know the specifications of the contract.

This is not a Britney Spears show, like the ones Jamie profited from over the years, this in an independent thing. It's more likely that they just paid for the rights to use the songs, in a single payment, independently of how many nights they play or how many tickets they sell, like when they sell the license of her image to make a merch thing, like the Funkos, or the coloring books, etc.

The thread's title is even misleading , because it's not called "Britney the musical". As far as I understand, they won't even use her image, just the songs, and it was gonna be about the fairytale princesses or something.

If any, the songwriters of the songs they use are the ones that are gonna be receiving the bigger pay.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

This is not a Britney Spears show, like the ones Jamie profited from over the years, this in an independent thing. It's more likely that they just paid for the rights to use the songs, in a single payment, independently of how many nights they play or how many tickets they sell, like when they sell the license of her image to make a merch thing, like the Funkos, or the coloring books, etc.

The thread's title is even misleading , because it's not called "Britney the musical". As far as I understand, they won't even use her image, just the songs, and it was gonna be about the fairytale princesses or something.

If any, the songwriters of the songs they use are the ones that are gonna be receiving the bigger pay.

Yeah it's like Mamma Mia, (using Abba songs to create a story) 

but it's not a story about Britney...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Jamie and her team get paid for all of the business deals they negotiate. This is one of them 

10 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Honestly, I just feel really bad for the people involved with the production and the actors. I know you can make the argument that they shouldn’t have done it without her consent but they were probably completely out of the loop and are being dragged into this for no reason. 

Was it really without her consent as she did attend the book reading and apparently had input on the book?

20 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Just a few things I'd like to highlight on this musical:

A musical pays royalties to the label (as any jukebox musical worldwide does) so I don't see the issue to move forward once c-ship ends, unless the label decides to end their contract with Britney

Larry and Adam were involved to come to an agreement to use Britney's music in 2018, and even Britney attended the book readings in NY with Sam so she's fully aware of it. Neither Larry (Lou) or Adam are involved in Britney's team anymore

Also please keep in mind this is made by a team of broadway actors, director, dancers that have nothing to do with Britney's c-ship and they put a lot of love in what they do and as the theatre director said a few months back "this is a musical about princesses breaking free, exactly what Britney's trying to do now"

I think there are some misconceptions in that tweet, but I'm not here to change anyone's opinion :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

I totally agree with you, this production it’s not about Britney, it’s a story that uses Britney’s music. Glee was on air 9 seasons performing everyone’s songs paying the royalties including 2 episodes about Britney.

• Love 1