"Once Upon a One More Time" Musical premieres next month

Roger

9 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Honestly, I just feel really bad for the people involved with the production and the actors. I know you can make the argument that they shouldn’t have done it without her consent but they were probably completely out of the loop and are being dragged into this for no reason. 

I think the fact that she is under conservatorship says enough. We already know what that means. The person affected has been stripped of every human right. On top of that she has been working during this conservatorship and that makes it trafficking when she is not in control over her own person, body, relationships, money, decision making etc. I have said this arrangement is trafficking before the abuse was exposed.

28 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

But is it still going to them? Larry is no longer her manager.. nor is Lou.. Jamie is also out of cship... :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Jamie still made the deal so he’s still entitled to a % of revenue’s from the shows, just like Larry and Lou as they need to get paid for their work, and that payment is a % of profit from Britney/the show. That’s how contracts work. Just because they don’t work for her anymore, doesn’t make the contract void unfortunately

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Jamie still made the deal so he’s still entitled to a % of revenue’s from the shows, just like Larry and Lou as they need to get paid for their work, and that payment is a % of profit from Britney/the show. That’s how contracts work. Just because they don’t work for her anymore, doesn’t make the contract void unfortunately

This is not a show that uses Britney's image, I think that's what people is confused about. What the musical's producers pay is royalties to use Britney's music, pretty much like "dancing with the stars" did last week. Royalties go to the label and songwriters as it happens everywhere, so unless Britney decides to terminate her contract with RCA, there's no issue moving forward with the musical. This is an original story that has nothing to do with Britney's real story, like Mamma mia! musical so any revenue remains for the stage production. 

A VERY different story was the pop-up the zone which used 100% of Britney's image, videos and music so there were a lot of hands involved getting their cuts :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

The issue is that it was created without her consent by two of her abusers. She should have the right to control how her music is used, especially if it’s a huge Broadway musical with her name in the title. They should absolutely cancel it, and if they won’t, Britney should sue.

Britney attended the book reading in NYC 2018 with Sam so she's fully aware of it https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-responded-well-to-reading-of-musical-featuring-her-songs/

The musical does not have her name on it, it only says "Songs perfomed and recorded by Britney Spears" - The musical's name is "Once upon a one more time" 

I'm not sure you're aware there other 2 musicals using Britney's music: "Moulin Rouge" which uses TOXIC and "&Juliet" which uses baby one more time, I'm not a girl, overprotected, Oops! - Are they cancelled? Not at all because they pay for royalties to use Britney's music 

I hope this clarifies the confusion going around here 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Britney attended the book reading in NYC 2018 with Sam so she's fully aware of it https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-responded-well-to-reading-of-musical-featuring-her-songs/

The musical does not have her name on it, it only says "Songs perfomed and recorded by Britney Spears" - The musical's name is "Once upon a one more time" 

I'm not sure you're aware there other 2 musicals using Britney's music: "Moulin Rouge" which uses TOXIC and "&Juliet" which uses baby one more time, I'm not a girl, overprotected, Oops! - Are they cancelled? Not at all because they pay for royalties to use Britney's music 

I hope this clarifies the confusion going around here 

Britney headlined Piece of Me tour yet she didn't want to do it. She's as much behind this musical as she was behind Britney Jean.

6 minutes ago, Britney4President said:

New conservator has  right to end all contracts 

Still waiting for Zabel and Rosengart to move forward. So far it feels like not much has changed when it comes to her management, contracts, social media etc., so I guess we'll have to wait and see.