Flashy dives deep into the late 00s and Disney purity ring band fiasco

Like Flashy said in the 2000s nobody controlled the teen market like Disney channel..

Like how they did with Britney spears, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake, they were trying to recreate the innocent teen pop scene which has affected Britney the most (Virgin til married, but dress **** and sell the idea for older men).

Between 2001 and 2002 All 3 would declare they're grown up and embracing it..2001's Britney (though due to a last minute cancellation of a crossroads soundtrack, probably more grown up stuff got cancelled out last minute to make it for Crossroads promo hint the enhanced cd containing the over protected Crossroads video, while for the 1997 Spice girls album for Spiceworld worked as a tie in to the movie of the same name, the same in my opinion can't be said about the Britney album as it's clearly two different projects meshed together), stripped for Xtina and Justified for JT in 2002..

They were trying to create a cookie cutter pop star for parents to like, the first one was Hilary Duff. 

That commercial success in the states proved it could work, and boy did it. 

However, due to politics and other stuff, by law Forner president Bush, forced abstinence only classes, and it became the curriculum, thus Disney marketed everybody as a virgin and someone safe..

Though like the video said, this affected pop culture badly especially the 2008 VMAS, where Russell brand mocked the concept, to which make matters worse, Jordin sparks killed what little career she had going for her with the whole sl** shaming comments, which like this video said was very popular at the time and Jordin didn't apologize for that statement..

This ring affected everybody and most definitely Demi Lovato who was assaulted so in their mind, they're wearing the ring, and probably thinking in their mind I can't report the assault cos then It would look like i asked for this to happen..

Once, Obama became president the abstinence classes ended, and today's teen pop stars don't have the pressure to be perfect or can't afford to make mistakes as it's no longer seen as authentic anymore to be perfect role models. 

@Blackout2006

@Urbanney

@Jordan Miller

@MikeHunt

Peep the most darkest clip of the ed videos..

What If I wanna have... before marriage. 

The teacher in the video says better be prepared to die then..

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Mods

Wow I cant believe no one has commented on this.

I was a teen in this whole Purity Ring era and I remember how big of a deal it was when the Jonas Brothers

got them. They were teased mercilessly on television and everywhere and I dont think it was fair cause according

to them, the rings were sacred and a personal thing but Disney took advantage and marketed them as the

"hot virgin" boyband and I admit I fell for it.

Dont get me wrong, Purity Rings probably do work for some people but not all.

Im just saying what I observed, thats all.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block