Britney Spears’ aunt Leigh Ann reveals that Jamie Spears’ father put their mother on lithium too

Just when I thought I couldn't get any worse! 

I understand Jamie had a rough upbringing, but one would think that he would want better. I'm so glad Britney is as strong as she is! One day soon, she'll be able to let her guard down and enjoy being truly loved!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

The media made it so easy for them. In 2007, they dehumanized and endlessly criticized Britney for Jamie (although he certainly helped by calling her a "sick little girl" to reporters after she canned Larry). Jamie was able to slip in taking on a role that was quite familiar in the Spears family history, it seems. 

For so long the conversation has always been "what's wrong with Britney?" but not much chatter about what's wrong with the people that abused her and forced her to work during her formative years. Britney is fed up with being the one to make the money while taking the fall for her mental health, alcoholism, and emotional issues that she inherited from an abusive and manipulative family.

Jamie is not required to face his own shortcomings in the same way. Britney wanted to be in her kids' lives and is constantly being held back from doing so. Meanwhile an absent father is allowed to have complete control, even bugging her own bedroom. It's complete bull****. It was very revealing that it's impossible for reporters to get inside the Kentwood VFW, which is rumored to be Jamie Spears' venue of choice for drinking. 

You said it so eloquently and it hurts my soul. I know she is on a path to healing and I hope she is able to heal from this. She is such a strong woman and I have so much more respect for her even now than I did when I idolized her as a teen. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, queenofhearts said:

so, i'm confused. somebody clarify, if this is jamie's half sister, then do they have different mothers or fathers?

Different mothers, Jamie's mother was Emma Jean (first wife) and Leigh Ann's was Jo Ann, if I'm correct

• Like 2