Britney is reportedly writing new music: the songs she has been writing are dark and comparable to 'Blackout'

Ok which one of you came out with this fan fiction? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Everytime a new album or music in the talks is always the same. That is going to be blackout 2.0 blah blah.

I do think she will release new music eventually and probably is working with Danja, but the blackout comparison can get tiring, is almost 13 years. Lets think about the future. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

17 hours ago, halfdressed said:

You must be only listening to the singles. Deep cuts like Heaven on Earth, Get Naked, and Freakshow are very unique and not stuck in an era of sound. Even songs like Get Back and Why Sad don’t largely feel that way.

I disagree, these also sound dated.  ITZ has aged better than Blackout IMO.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, reVolution said:

What if Britney becomes an independent singer, producer, would you support her?

She absolutely should. Her past labels have screwed her over (unless it was her team's interference), but even then... those labels don't tend to do their part in marketing their older artists, they just want the coin from sales since they're popular names.

She's at a point in her career where she doesn't need sales... it's not difficult to release music on your own now.  Any of us can do it. Heck, even I have friends that release music on all the major streaming platforms, they just don't have the marketing capabilities that a lot of bigger artists do, but they still promote on social and wherever they can.  She can easily work with producers of her liking, and upload music to streaming platforms with no problem. And for someone of her caliber that still gets tons of streams and views without promo, she'll easily get good stream numbers and with proper marketing she'll get even more. 

The only issue is, she needs her money back. But I'm sure she'll get it after she sues the hell out of everyone who screwed her over these past years.

If she does decide to go back to a label, she needs to go to an established one that actually cares for ALL their artists and not just the young ones.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, jennyj said:

She absolutely should. Her past labels have screwed her over (unless it was her team's interference), but even then... those labels don't tend to do their part in marketing their older artists, they just want the coin from sales since they're popular names.

She's at a point in her career where she doesn't need sales... it's not difficult to release music on your own now.  Any of us can do it. Heck, even I have friends that release music on all the major streaming platforms, they just don't have the marketing capabilities that a lot of bigger artists do, but they still promote on social and wherever they can.  She can easily work with producers of her liking, and upload music to streaming platforms with no problem. And for someone of her caliber that still gets tons of streams and views without promo, she'll easily get good stream numbers and with proper marketing she'll get even more. 

The only issue is, she needs her money back. But I'm sure she'll get it after she sues the hell out of everyone who screwed her over these past years.

If she does decide to go back to a label, she needs to go to an established one that actually cares for ALL their artists and not just the young ones.

I really hope she does, have total and complete freedom to create the music she wants

• Love 1