Britney is reportedly writing new music: the songs she has been writing are dark and comparable to 'Blackout'

• Super Mods

Y’all are not true fans if you are taking the Blackout 2.0 literally. It’s like her saying “it’s gonna be urban.” which is a loose definition to her as she just wants to stray from typical pop tracks hence why she rolled her eyes with a “oh god not that” when LA Reid suggested Oops. 

I have a suspicion we’re going to get an unreleased rarity type album and she’ll focus on her life post conservatorship and then drop a new album. 

i would die for a moody weeknd/tinashe/kehlani vibe meets Blackout and Glory would suit Britney SO much and would be mature, current and on trend - something her outdated leech team struggled with. 

• Like 2

I feel like either route Britney chooses; the music will be so much better. She won’t have to submit songs to her father or his people for approval… she can pick topics, say words, use her voice box in whatever way she picks. Of course producers may suggest and she knows that.. but the quality of music will be fire compared to a project like Britney Jean that Britney obviously gave up on bc they probably forced all of that corny music on her.  We would get epic videos too.. no more corny restrictions. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Peachy said:

I feel like either route Britney chooses; the music will be so much better. She won’t have to submit songs to her father or his people for approval… she can pick topics, say words, use her voice box in whatever way she picks. Of course producers may suggest and she knows that.. but the quality of music will be fire compared to a project like Britney Jean that Britney obviously gave up on bc they probably forced all of that corny music on her.  We would get epic videos too.. no more corny restrictions. 

I thinks she likes the same **** we do. Blackout, ITZ, Britney. So even if her being locked prisoner has sheltered her access to a lot of current music (which I don’t think but who knows) she always knew how to make good **** that wasn’t stuck in that season or era. Blackout doesn’t sound old. And nor does ITZ. At all. We just associate it with older times. But listen again. None of it actually sounds dated. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I always laugh when people call Blackout dark and personal , it’s not! Most of the album is about s**/partying/love and there’s only a few songs that could be considered personal! I hope B10 is more like ITZ honestly, very personal and experimentation with a variety of sounds! I’d also love something like Kacey’s Star Crossed a chill vibey deeply personal album! 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

I thinks she likes the same **** we do. Blackout, ITZ, Britney. So even if her being locked prisoner has sheltered her access to a lot of current music (which I don’t think but who knows) she always knew how to make good **** that wasn’t stuck in that season or era. Blackout doesn’t sound old. And nor does ITZ. At all. We just associate it with older times. But listen again. None of it actually sounds dated. 

Yeah just like her management team and label approved of a song called Pop Culture *****, she said it sucked.  Then Me Against The Music was born. Clearly she’s in tune with what her fans wants so it’s astounding how they feel they need to be in control when she knows what works.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Did you read what I wrote? I said Britney Jean was terrible…. And her team picking and choosing what she does is what has stopped many iconic moments from happening. I never said any of her other albums sound “old” 🙃

9 hours ago, halfdressed said:

Blackout does sound dated though.  Suprisingly the majority of ITZ does not.  Both quality albums, however:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I'm imagining the vibe of Kill The Lights, but replace paparazzi with #TeamCon... The album might be one huge diss track split into 12 songs or smth (+ a a song for Sam?)

Wouldn't mind if she goes ALL OUT on album art, promo photos/MV etc but without touring (I assume she wants a break considering POM tour's length) as long as her re-ignited passion is there :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

My dream scenario would be full promo + worldwide FF-style tour (feat. DVD!) with big budget, but I won't hold my breath lol. This is after the c-ship who knows how their finances are...