Girl Why Did Britney Skip These "Femme Fatale" Singles?

The FF era isn’t my favourite, but it was definitely robbed of singles. Britney did not seem to be having the best of time in her personal life, which I think reflected the album roll out. It was clearly not the album she wanted to release.

I think Inside Out, How I Roll, Big Fat Bass and Trouble For Me we’re all worthy of single release. They were very “of the time”.

• Love 2

Love to see Femme Fatale get a little love! Bops galore!

I think He About to Lose Me would’ve sounded great on the radio! In the era of EDM overload, it could have gotten some credit for starting the midtempo trend that came later in the decade! Plus I think I remember Brit saying it was one of her favorites!

Inside Out also slaps. The “come on” is everything, and it’s got such a distinct sound. Still one of my favorite non-singles from her.

Also - Trouble for Me is straight fire! I don’t get why it’s so underrated and overlooked. 

And I don’t know about its hit potential, but I would have loved to see her close out the FF single releases with How I Roll. The critics love it and it’s the only song that I’m aware of besides TTWE that made major music publication’s decade’s best lists. Makes me wonder what would have happened if it got more exposure!

And I love Drop Dead Beautiful, but it’s got a veg-ti-bills problem :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

Love to see Femme Fatale get a little love! Bops galore!

I think He About to Lose Me would’ve sounded great on the radio! In the era of EDM overload, it could have gotten some credit for starting the midtempo trend that came later in the decade! Plus I think I remember Brit saying it was one of her favorites!

Inside Out also slaps. The “come on” is everything, and it’s got such a distinct sound. Still one of my favorite non-singles from her.

Also - Trouble for Me is straight fire! I don’t get why it’s so underrated and overlooked. 

And I don’t know about its hit potential, but I would have loved to see her close out the FF single releases with How I Roll. The critics love it and it’s the only song that I’m aware of besides TTWE that made major music publication’s decade’s best lists. Makes me wonder what would have happened if it got more exposure!

And I love Drop Dead Beautiful, but it’s got a veg-ti-bills problem :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

I always thought Up n Down had more critical acclaim and that most of the media were obsessing over it. It really would have made a fine 4th single, or even 3rd tbh. It's definitely better than I Wanna Autotune :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Haha 2
53 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I honestly find Seal It With a Kiss is her ***iest, spiciest song on the album. The lyrics are so hot and her voice is so seductive in the song :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:The amount of times I had s** during this song is insane. 

This song is epic. It should have been a single how could I forget :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I always thought Up n Down had more critical acclaim and that most of the media were obsessing over it. It really would have made a fine 4th single, or even 3rd tbh. It's definitely better than I Wanna Autotune :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Not you coming for the iconic I Wanna Slay girl life GIF

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, JayTawndre said:

Not you coming for the iconic I Wanna Slay girl life GIF

She looks stunning in the video, youngney all the way, but the song is honestly boring. I find both TTWE and IWG both very mediocre and faded when it comes to the rest of FF. HIAM is still a bop though :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I do love Up n Down!  It feels very 90s house and just pure fun!  Though I don't remember it getting much critical attention.  If you have any articles/lists that it was included in that you're thinking of, I'd love to see!

These are a few of the critics I saw giving How I Roll some love.  I love both songs!:
Rolling Stone: Best Songs of the 2010s (#95)
Rolling Stone: Best Songs of 2011 (#1)
Interns: Buried Bops & Bangers
Glamour: 10 Best (& 10 Worst) Britney Songs (#9 Best)
The Guardian: Britney Spears 30 Greatest Songs Ranked (#14)
EW: Every Britney Spears Song Ranked (#20)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I can remember being absolutely baffled when Criminal won the fan poll. I don't dislike the song in any capacity, I just thought it was the weakest of the 3 options. I always thought a new single remix of DDB should have won that, and then a remix of Inside Out featuring some rapper on B In The Mix 2 (which should have been more like the first B In The Mix with newly commissioned remixes).

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I never understood the love for "Inside Out" tbh. I was always hoping we would get a rerelease of FF in 2012 with a new song feat Nicki Minaj that was similar to "Pound The Alarm". FF and PF:RR was my bop albums of 2011-2012. That era was awesome. The club scene was amazing. 

OMG yes it was:madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:I miss it 2 sis 

• Love 2

Even though personally she was going through things during this era , I think Drop Dead would’ve been a successful single to follow up with after IWG :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

looking back at it now, she shouldn’t have toured this album .. just release singles a la DISCO .. I think the era would’ve been more memorable and respected :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 2