circus is UNDERRATED

people say circus isn't cohesive, but it is, just the songs are in disorder but when you listen carefully the songs sound very good except for the obvious fillers like mmm papi, my baby, radar (which for me belongs only to blackout) and rock me in

listen to circus like this:

circus

shattered glass

if you seek amy

lace and leather

womanizer

blur

mannequin

phonography

unusual you

out from under

kill the lights

for me the album should have been arranged like this to sound cohesive and it sounds great. such a bop

• Love 3

Circus is not underrated. That was her biggest era recently along with Femme Fatale and POM residency. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

But back to the topic itself, I stan Circus. That is when I first saw Britney on tour and she was absolutely on fire on stage. She killed the Los Angeles shows! :cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me:

The album itself is a Pop masterpiece..from start to finish. Your fave could never. Yes it's lighter sounding and more bubblegum Pop than ITZ and Blackout but it was her reintroduction into Pop as the Princess. It worked. It was eclectic yet cohesive. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Fave tracks: Kill the Lights, Circus, Womanizer, IUSA, Shattered Glass, Blur, Lace and Leather, Phonography, Out from Under, Unusual You, Mannequin and Radar :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

• Love 2
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I wouldnt say its underrated since it basically resurrected her career.

I'd say her first 3 albums ESPECIALLY BOMT are underrated.

Its sad that people dismiss BOMT cause its bubblegum pop but 

its bubblegum pop at its BEST and has some of her best vocals!

The first album is cheese Pop heaven :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Can someone finally explain to me why people hate on it so much while considering Blackout her best? Blackout and Circus are basically sisters :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

I'd say Blackout and ITZ are more sisters. They both had original and slightly experimental feels to the production and direction and stuff (for their time). Circus feels more like an older sister to "Britney" to me.

7 minutes ago, bad media karma said:

I'd say Blackout and ITZ are more sisters. They both had original and slightly experimental feels to the production and direction and stuff (for their time). Circus feels more like an older sister to "Britney" to me.

That's a nice interpretation. I can see why you made the connection between albums but I don't think they sound musically similar :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

ITZ is one of those Britney albums that stand on its own, she hasn't made anything similar ever since imo.

Same with Britney, I think she perfected the pop perfection formula of her first two albums and nothing after it came close. Overprotected, Lonely... We don't hear that sound anywhere anymore :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

On the other hand: Kill The Lights, Shattered Glass, Mannequin, Amnesia, Unusual You, Blur... They sound like they could be Blackout tracks to me. That album is so stunning. It felt like a very organic follow up to Blackout.