The Halloween Kills Thread

I liked this sequel — on par with 2018 (7.5/10). My General Critiques:

1. Nurse Marion Chambers was grossly underutilized. I believe this was a missed opportunity to reconnect with Laurie at some point in the film. Marion honestly put up a better fight in H20. And in this film, her demise felt very “meh”. Moreover, all of these legacy characters should have come together more naturally. Felt forced.
    2. Was it just me or did anyone else feel that John Carpenter’s classic scoring was underutilized? I was moved by 2018’s production because it hit all the right notes in all the right places. I hope with 'Ends' his presence comes back.
    3. The climatic mob gang at the end was disorienting and confusing. It would have been more realistic if someone tried to run him over with their car, missed him, and hit a light post, knocking out the streets power for him to kill with flickering lights and escape. Like where did all those 20 people go?
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Just finished watching it and hated the ending. There were so many other details I HATED but I dont want to spoil anything. I dont get how the previous film was by far THE best and this one fell flat. The previous film seemed more realistic, and this one was sooo sensationalized to be more horror camp

The original ending was better. I hate that the Covid delay made them change it because now there’s a time jump between Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bboy1988 said:

The original ending was better. I hate that the Covid delay made them change it because now there’s a time jump between Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends. 

Interesting. I didn't know about that. What was the OG ending supposed to be and how many years will the time jump be between Kills and Ends?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Interesting. I didn't know about that. What was the OG ending supposed to be and how many years will the time jump be between Kills and Ends?

I’m on mobile so I can’t do the hidden spoiler thing. 

it takes place after Karen’s ******, It was supposed to end with Laurie calling Karen’s cell phone, Michael picks it up and Laurie hears him breathing and she realizes that Karen is dead. She tells Michael that she is coming for him. It ends with that shot in the trailer with Laurie walking down the hall and holding the knife 

There will be an extended cut of the film on Blu-ray with the original ending 

There will be a four year time jump between kills and ends. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bboy1988 said:

I’m on mobile so I can’t do the hidden spoiler thing. 

it takes place after Karen’s ******, It was supposed to end with Laurie calling Karen’s cell phone, Michael picks it up and Laurie hears him breathing and she realizes that Karen is dead. She tells Michael that she is coming for him. It ends with that shot in the trailer with Laurie walking down the hall and holding the knife 

There will be an extended cut of the film on Blu-ray with the original ending 

There will be a four year time jump between kills and ends. 

ooooh that does sound so much better! I wonder why they flipped it? Thanks for the info! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

ooooh that does sound so much better! I wonder why they flipped it? Thanks for the info! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

The director said that the ending wouldn’t mesh with how they’re setting up Halloween Ends 

heres the quote 

“We ended up lifting it when I became more confident of where we're going to pick up in the next movie, it felt it didn't feel authentic to where we're going to go.”

He went on to say:

“I think it was cool in its own right as watching a one-off movie, but knowing where we're going to exactly where we're going to pick up which, you'll know in a year, it wasn't the right look in the eye that we needed to give the audience.”

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

I enjoyed it!  I’ve been a fan since my early teens when Resurrection came out and I’ve learned not to take horror films too seriously and just enjoy them for what they are.

Already watched it twice!

Me too! Ready for my third time. I never do that with scary movies it's very rare. That's how much I love it :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

On 10/16/2021 at 1:59 PM, Jacolicious said:

I liked this sequel — on par with 2018 (7.5/10). My General Critiques:

1. Nurse Marion Chambers was grossly underutilized. I believe this was a missed opportunity to reconnect with Laurie at some point in the film. Marion honestly put up a better fight in H20. And in this film, her demise felt very “meh”. Moreover, all of these legacy characters should have come together more naturally. Felt forced.
    2. Was it just me or did anyone else feel that John Carpenter’s classic scoring was underutilized? I was moved by 2018’s production because it hit all the right notes in all the right places. I hope with 'Ends' his presence comes back.
    3. The climatic mob gang at the end was disorienting and confusing. It would have been more realistic if someone tried to run him over with their car, missed him, and hit a light post, knocking out the streets power for him to kill with flickering lights and escape. Like where did all those 20 people go?

I agree that Nurse Marion and Lindsay both were underused and shouldn't have died. They showed way too much Tommy Doyle trying to make him the main protagonist of the film by force. Also I was very pressed we didn't get any Michael and Laurie scenes :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block