Remember this? "I don't know what you been told..."

"I don't know what you been told....

THIS MAMA IS IN CONTROL...

I don't know what you been told....

THIS MAMA IS IN CONTROL...

Sound off.... Sound off.... Sound off.... 

Get Nasty..."

Was she really in control ? or Under control?

Nice try Team.

We are seeing so many lights from those years. OMG it's insane.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, rosenotes said:

i wonder if this was rebellion on britney’s part, letting them know they didn’t own her or if team con was mocking her…

:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I don't think Britney had ANY involved in the circus tour... just the setlist maybe... like "I won't do sometimes " LOL we all know she hates that song. 

• Like 2

Circus tour was an odd one. I loved the show, the production was incredible. It’s when I first started thinking that she doesn’t seem into it which I always thought until 2016 piece of me. Which after everything we’ve learnt recently would explain why that passion didn’t seem to be there anymore. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Mannequin* said:

I don't think Britney had ANY involved in the circus tour... just the setlist maybe... like "I won't do sometimes " LOL we all know she hates that song. 

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think Britney got bulldozed a lot by Team Con and Lou-cifer Taylor in terms of creative control, but I'd like to believe she snuck in some hints. For example, the cage in the "Piece of Me" performance. We see this again in a magazine photoshoot that year, the Femme Fatale tour, and it was confirmed she requested to be filmed in a cage for the original "Make Me" video. This was something theorized for a while, but last night's instagram post of her saying she felt like "a caged animal" kind of confirms it for me. 

• Love 3

I'm slowly realising all the ways her team gaslit the audience. This audio is so cruel. Like even For The Record was the illusion of her getting back on her feet while she cries that she's no longer free. At the time I just thought she still wanted to party but now it's in a new light. For them to even air that she felt her life was too in control means they didn't care about her as a person, which is hard to comprehend when they're also all devoted to working for that person 24/7. It's hard to grasp that they only had their eyes on the money she could earn them while working alongside the actual human being. WTF does show business do to people?

But we also knew even earlier that her team had long dehumanised her. When she did a website letter about how Larry threw her a bday party in 2007 but used her money to pay for everyone who attended. And Larry and Lynne were hell bent on getting her into rehab so they could work on a comeback. WTF is wrong with people.