Which COVID-19 vaccine did you or are you planning on getting?

Message added by Urbanney,

Posts with COVID-19 vaccine misinformation will be removed.

I realize some of you may be mistrustful of vaccines/governments/establishments/etc., but the COVID-19 vaccine is the most effective way to prevent death and serious illness from the coronavirus. We do not want to be responsible for the deaths and illnesses of others which is why vaccine misinformation is not allowed.

Which vaccine did you get?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Super Mods
45 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Hmmm well I don't think I have any underlying conditions and I work from home, so cool. I guess I'm okay. I went grocery shopping after work today and saw sooo many people without a mask. I would say 95% of the shoppers were mask-less. I mean the mask mandates have been raised but I still dont want to chance it. I have two sick parents and do shopping for them, it would destroy me if I could have potentially infected them. 

Yeah I understand what you mean. I’ve remained vigilant because as I also help care for my parents, autistic brother, and have assumed grocery shopping for my 92 year old grandma. I still mask indoors or crowded outdoor spaces (not like I’m in many, anyways) and do as many outdoor activities as possible. I do let my guard down somewhat when I know when friends/family members are all vaccinated. But still, I remain cautious even with the strong protection the vaccine gives.

I live on the “border” of LA and Orange County and it’s a world of difference what traveling a few miles East does haha. Like so many people are maskless in the OC and I’m just like: :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: In LA it’s so different… crazy how patchwork policies affect us so much haha

12 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Yeah I understand what you mean. I’ve remained vigilant because as I also help care for my parents, autistic brother, and have assumed grocery shopping for my 92 year old grandma. I still mask indoors or crowded outdoor spaces (not like I’m in many, anyways) and do as many outdoor activities as possible. I do let my guard down somewhat when I know when friends/family members are all vaccinated. But still, I remain cautious even with the strong protection the vaccine gives.

I live on the “border” of LA and Orange County and it’s a world of difference what traveling a few miles East does haha. Like so many people are maskless in the OC and I’m just like: :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: In LA it’s so different… crazy how patchwork policies affect us so much haha

I live in OC and know exactly what you mean. Im always reading about an anti-vax or anti-mask protests in certain beach cities almost every other weekend. 

• Like 1
On 10/8/2021 at 10:09 PM, SlayOut said:

Nobody in The OC is wearing a mask anymore :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

[Redacted due to COVID-19 vaccine misinformation. -Urbanney]

well I don't know what studies say what you comment, but all I've the things I've read or heard is that actually, if people got vaccinated sooner, we wouldn't have had all these variants that are popping up now in the first place.

Another problem was the distribution of the vaccines. All the richest countries got all the vaccines first and weren't willing to share until the majority of the population was covered, while the poor countries took forever to receive even a handful of vaccines, either because they couldn't pay for them, or because literally there were none. This favored the surge of new variants in these countries without vaccines, and with people that refuse to stop traveling, it's just a matter of time before these variants appear in the countries that got the first vaccines, with the potential of the vaccines not covering the new variants (though for what I understand, most brands do cover the variants, or at least help to reduce the symptoms of the disease if you get it).

Again, those claims like mass vaccination doing more harm than good, I've literally always heard exactly the opposite, and that's actually what history has proven with all the other vaccines we've had for years that have eradicated other pandemics, like polio and such, so I don't know where you found that.

It's true there's gonna be side effects in some people, but that's the case with literally every other medicine or ****, or even with food. A small percentage of people may be allergic to peanuts, and some may even die in an extreme case if they eat them, but that doesn't mean they're gonna be harmful for everyone. I'm part of the small percentage of people whose tongue turns black if I take peptobismol, for example lol

I confess though that my initial fear was that yeah, it's too soon, they haven't been properly tested, so that's scary. The test was basically administer the vaccines in the actual population and see the reactions. But that was better than waiting til you got the covid, and then hope that you wouldn't die, or your relatives. But even if the covid was new, the technique with which they created the vaccines had been developed years ago, and that's what helped with the fast manufacturing.

Of course the trial is still happening, the brands are now evaluating if the effects of the vaccines are still working now or if they're gonna need another dose. Some countries are reporting that people vaccinated in January are starting to get the disease more often, and yet the consequences of the disease are still less than those that are unvaccinated. Here in Mexico we're the fourth country with most deaths due to covid, and the statistics keep showing that most of the unvaccinated people that get the vaccine will die or suffer several consequences, while the vaccinated, some may die, but it's like a tiny percent that has no comparison with those without the vaccine. The majority of the vaccinated people that get covid, only get some mild symptoms now.

You also talk about the natural antibodies, and that in theory may make some sense, but what percentage of the population really has access or the habit of having a good diet, with all the required nutrients to strengthen the immune system? For the vast majority of people that's just unsustainable, especially in poorer countries, or even if they had access, there's really no education about eating properly, not to mention all the people that already have certain conditions, like diabetes, obesity, etc. Most people's immune systems are already deficient, and strengthening them won't be something easy or fast, and chances are that even if they start changing their eating habits now, they'll die of covid first if they don't get vaccinated.

• Like 2

I feel that it's ok to question the origin of things, or the true effects of things like the vaccines, but looking for the first source that goes against what the majority is saying, doesn't automatically make you smarter nor it proves you true.

I just hope that those that are against the covid vaccines, or any kind of vaccine, also question everything else they put inside their bodies or on their bodies, and I'm not talking only about medicines or *****, but also like, the food you eat, the stuff you drink, the hair products, the body lotions, the makeup, the clothes, the air you breathe in a big a city, etc.

• Like 1

Pfizer (twice) but I don't plan to get more vaccines.

Regardless of what is said about them I just don't want to be injected that sh!!t regularly.:unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: It's evident these won't be the last doses we'll be "encouraged" to get.

I was very against the animal cruelty involved in the making of these vaccines, and the origins of the virus (whatever they are) definitely come from the same animal abuse. I've been stuck in my house for so much longer than most people, eating my vegetables, totally isolated and doing everything right. And still, I had to sacrifice my own opinion and what would have been my decision because of the pressure around me. So yeah f.u. world.

As far as I recall, vaccinated people can still get the virus and spread it around. Everyone should wear their freaking masks and act accordingly instead of tearing down others for the decisions they make with their own bodies. 

20 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

[Redacted due to COVID-19 vaccine misinformation. -Urbanney]

Everyone in my family and even some friends started harassing me about taking it asap. I had to start using public transport a lot since September, and for the sake of the people around me and to feel a bit safer I took that decision.

I was aware of how this is really just a business. About how nobody knows about the long term effects of it, and so on. But it felt like a damned if I do it, damned if I don't situation. I didn't think doing further research would have helped, but maybe I'll do it next time.

What you're saying makes total sense but there's also a lot of people saying different things. It's just a whole mess, everyone is biased in many ways. Like you said it's not easy to find the truth.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

[Redacted due to COVID-19 misinformation. -Urbanney]

Likewise :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: You've done a lot of research, I'm not sure if that makes things easier or harder but at least you'll have peace of mind with whatever you decide to do in the end.

To strictly remain on topic, I had no side effects with Pfizer. Just pain in the arm for a few hours after the first shot :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Whattt omg, how exciting!!! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: I cant believe we’re practically like neighbors now. Welcome to the land of fine *** ***. As Fadonna once said, how could it hurt you when it looked so good. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

I feel like we are! And yeah if today wasn’t my third anniversary…I hate that I was obsessed with The OC growing up because that has dictated my expectations of Orange County. I’m like this is where Marissa stole the watch at South Coast Plaza :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

7 minutes ago, merci12 said:

I don't understand why would anyone ask regular people for a medical advice on a pop music forum.You should discuss this with your DOCTOR:nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: This is really not the place 

There is 0 advice being given. These are all just peoples thoughts and opinions on the matter. And we fully have categories in this forum dedicated to such things. I feel like it’s the perfect place for a thoughtful, emotionless discussion about beliefs and facts. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block