Which COVID-19 vaccine did you or are you planning on getting?

Message added by Urbanney,

Posts with COVID-19 vaccine misinformation will be removed.

I realize some of you may be mistrustful of vaccines/governments/establishments/etc., but the COVID-19 vaccine is the most effective way to prevent death and serious illness from the coronavirus. We do not want to be responsible for the deaths and illnesses of others which is why vaccine misinformation is not allowed.

Which vaccine did you get?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m so happy you’re asking questions about COVID vaccines! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I got the Pfizer vaccine earlier this year. After my first dose, it just felt like someone slugged my arm at the injection site, but that went away after a day. I had no other side effects.

Three weeks later, I had my second dose and felt that “pain” at the injection site and did experience some tiredness and chills for about a day and a half. Basically, it felt like I had a flu for like 24 hours. But I expected that, since those side effects can occur and are evidence that the antibodies in your body are learning to fight off COVID. :) Also, just because I experienced side effects doesn’t mean you will. It really all depends but isn’t anything to be concerned about.

Like all the vaccines, you’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose (one dose if you got the Johnson&Johnson vaccine). So in that period, I continued wearing my mask and practicing all the precautions I had been doing.

I ultimately decided on getting the Pfizer vaccine because a.) it was the only shot offered at the time I was booking my appointment, b.) because my immediate family (two parents in their 60s and my 30 year old autistic brother) received the Pfizer shot and all had little to no side effects, c.) and because both doses are administered 3 weeks apart, which means you reach your fully-vaccinated status quicker.

Really, any of the vaccines being offered are safe, efficacious, and will give you necessary protection to avoid severe illness, hospitalization, or death.

I’m not sure if any of this is helpful, but I’d be happy to clarify any questions you might have! :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Spoiler

One more aside: this article gives some great tips on how to evaluate information you find online to ensure that it’s accurate and safe:

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/evaluating-health-information

While I’m happy to share my personal anecdotes, there are professional medical sources that also explain this information. I know I read a few medical briefs/Pfizer’s emergency use authorization order to understand how the vaccine worked and all that! :)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I got Moderna - recent research suggests the efficacy last longer because of their formula.  The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) give you about 90% of prevention from severe illness, hospitalization, and death (which is better than 0%) . Right now boosters are available for pfizer and one is being made by moderna, although boosters are suggested for people over 65 and underlying health conditions 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Yeah I was gonna say, wtf is CanSino?

We Mexican teachers got vaccinated last May... and that's the only time that vaccine has been used :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I did my research and its effectiveness is lower :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I got infected last August :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: it wasn't bad, though

So when my age group was supposed to get the vaccine (Pfizer) (and yeah, we were organized by age) I had just recovered so it's not advisable to do it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Guess I'll wait until it's commercial so I can get another one :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Like 1
  • Twitter Team
4 hours ago, Adriannn said:

We Mexican teachers got vaccinated last May... and that's the only time that vaccine has been used :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I did my research and its effectiveness is lower :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I got infected last August :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: it wasn't bad, though

So when my age group was supposed to get the vaccine (Pfizer) (and yeah, we were organized by age) I had just recovered so it's not advisable to do it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Guess I'll wait until it's commercial so I can get another one :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Oh well damn, hopefully you can get Pfizer soon :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

I got Pfizer.

First dose I felt a little sore with my arm.

Second dose, I hadn't felt that sick in years when I was hospitalized for something else. It was so bad I considered going to the hospital. After 3 days I felt regular. I'd be willing to get the booster but I'm not sure if its available for my age group yet? Last I heard its available for 65+

• Like 1

I got Pfizer!

My friend is having wild allergic reactions to Moderna now though. That was the only thing that changed. She suddenly has a reaction to eating beef.

Okay, but side question, how do we feel about the anti-vaxxers? I know this is going to lead into debate and everyone has a choice on what they want to do to their bodies, but given where we're heading with vaccine passports and etc, how does that make everyone feel?

• Like 1

I got the Johnson and Johnson one shot because my job was offering it onsite and I live in rural country so it made sense. 

I think the cute but idiot nurse injected me higher on my arm than usual because my arm hurt really badly for a week…minor fever and chills. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I got Pfizer.

First dose I felt a little sore with my arm.

Second dose, I hadn't felt that sick in years when I was hospitalized for something else. It was so bad I considered going to the hospital. After 3 days I felt regular. I'd be willing to get the booster but I'm not sure if its available for my age group yet? Last I heard its available for 65+

I’m in Los Angeles County and they’re now recommending a Pfizer booster to anyone 65+, people 50-64 with underlying health conditions, and are suggesting that people 18-49 have a booster ONLY if they have certain underlying conditions or work in a setting where they have high interaction with the public, like folks that work at grocery stores, education, etc. Moderna and J&J boosters are not available at this time, I believe. But they’re coming!

My parents and brother are going to get their boosters soon, and I’m considering it. They recommend getting a booster six months after your second dose was administered. So for me, that’d be towards the end of this month anyway. :) 

2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I’m in Los Angeles County and they’re now recommending a Pfizer booster to anyone 65+, people 50-64 with underlying health conditions, and are suggesting that people 18-49 have a booster ONLY if they have certain underlying conditions or work in a setting where they have high interaction with the public, like folks that work at grocery stores, education, etc. Moderna and J&J boosters are not available at this time, I believe. But they’re coming!

My parents and brother are going to get their boosters soon, and I’m considering it. They recommend getting a booster six months after your second dose was administered. So for me, that’d be towards the end of this month anyway. :) 

Hmmm well I don't think I have any underlying conditions and I work from home, so cool. I guess I'm okay. I went grocery shopping after work today and saw sooo many people without a mask. I would say 95% of the shoppers were mask-less. I mean the mask mandates have been raised but I still dont want to chance it. I have two sick parents and do shopping for them, it would destroy me if I could have potentially infected them. 

• Love 1