The silence of Popjustice (Britney-related)

Never made an account there, but I like to hatebrowse. The place is full of pretentious, pseudo-intellectual types. Remember how they dismissed Free Britney as a conspiracy theory driven by unhinged lunatics? 'Her father/the courts know best' etc etc. They locked the Britney thread for months last year to stop people discussing the conservatorship abuses that were already starting to become very clear. Then after the NY Times doc, the thread was opened again and they were allowed to discuss the same issues as before the thread was locked but this time 'respectfully'. Even though the forum users weren't discussing the issue any differently than before. It was just the mods trying to save face. They like to compare themselves to Exhale, like they're a better type of fan, because they regurgitate the thesaurus in their posts :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, neverover said:

I remember how resourceful they are when Glory came out. I think they are sponsored/ owned by record label to create buzz and hype for their artist. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won’t talk about Free Britney because they are essentially part of team con. 

One of the MEMBERS worked at RCA & kept messily leaking clips from the pro-tools during the “Glory” era. The owner has connections w/ her management & that’s why they’ve been silent. Their pretentious British forum is a joke, they constantly re-inforce that you “MUST” use proper spelling, no acronyms & no gifs like it’s a damn college essay. Super cringe

• Love 5
  • Like 3

I don't have an account on there but I do browse it from time to time and some of the threads on there really annoy me. They literally locked the Ed Sheeran thread a few months ago because someone on the forum dared to like his music (most members of the forum hate Ed and just make jokes about him).

I remember what happened with the Britney thread, last time I checked it they have been allowed to talk about the c-ship especially after Britney's testimony but I saw a lot of people saying not to put others down with this 'I told you so' bull$h!+ just because a lot of the forum members had previously been in denial about everything going on ddd.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

One of the MEMBERS worked at RCA & kept messily leaking clips from the pro-tools during the “Glory” era. The owner has connections w/ her management & that’s why they’ve been silent. Their pretentious British forum is a joke, they constantly re-inforce that you “MUST” use proper spelling, no acronyms & no gifs like it’s a damn college essay. Super cringe

Literally saw someone get told off by a mod in a thread the other day for abbreviating an album :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: so do we have to write Taylor's super long song titles like This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things in full then? What about Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy's even longer song titles? DDD, although I think they've relaxed the gif rule, I see gifs in threads a lot, at least when I do look at them.

• Like 1

I became more active here after abandoning my account there because of their treatment of Britney and Britney fans.

I only skim the forums when exhale is down nowadays. I was tempted to log in over there when Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud passed away last month, since Popjustice was a huge part of my love for Girls Aloud when they were active, but the overall tone and attitude prevented me from crossing their threshold ever again.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I don't have an account on there but I do browse it from time to time and some of the threads on there really annoy me. They literally locked the Ed Sheeran thread a few months ago because someone on the forum dared to like his music (most members of the forum hate Ed and just make jokes about him).

I remember what happened with the Britney thread, last time I checked it they have been allowed to talk about the c-ship especially after Britney's testimony but I saw a lot of people saying not to put others down with this 'I told you so' bulls$!+ just because a lot of the forum members had previously been in denial about everything going on ddd.

I remember this :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: They didn't even have the humility to admit they were wrong, they just went into hyper-defensive mode immediately, 'how dare you detract from Britney's testimony by pointing out you were right all along!'' Such bullies tbh.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Literally saw someone get told off by a mod in a thread the other day for abbreviating an album :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: so do we have to write Taylor's super long song titles like This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things in full then? What about Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy's even longer song titles? DDD, although I think they've relaxed the gif rule, I see gifs in threads a lot, at least when I do look at them.

I haven’t been on in 3+ years

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block