How would you feel if Britney changed her stage name to ‘Britney’ instead of ‘Britney Spears’?

I was actually thinking about this when the Netflix docu dropped.

- She's been around long enough and become beyond icon status that nobody would question her having a mononymous stage name.
- It could be a nice rebranding for the younger audience to tap into, whilst giving that iconic status more push.
- If she was to continue performing and make new music, shedding her surname could possibly symbolise a rebirth of sorts, a point where she finally has full control of her life and her artistry.
- Plus when she is married, she won't have the back and forth between Britney Spears and Britney Asghari.

I think being just 'Britney' has a lot of logical and spiritual benefits to it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I don’t like an idea!

She is Britney Spears and she made her last name iconic!

she can name herself whatever she wants but spears is a great last name relatable to her not her family members! They all can change there last names to Taylor’s or Lousears.. Why should Britney?! It’s unfair.. it’s like another thing they will take from her and I don’t like how many people supports it.. hope britney won’t sees it! 

• Like 1

It could be a good move for her in terms of healing and reclaiming her power and it wouldn't make much of a difference to the public, lots of people know her already by Britney and those who still need the surname will need it anyway if she drops it.

I would hate her taking Sam's surname, though. I would understand, of course, but that whole thing of taking your man's name always looked very s**ist to me. I would much rather she reclaimed her own Spears name as a show of power.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, jonloch1 said:

She easily could. if you say to like 99.9% of people i am a fan of Britney, they know its Britney Spears. and if im talking about her to my family and friends, i always just say Britney. and she has done it before like someone said, her vegas residencies. her tours etc i have the single collections boxset from 2009 and it just has Britney on it

Me too. When I talk about her, I just say BRITNEY. She’s so iconic :)