Adele returns with "Easy On Me" OUT NOW!

I liked it! The lyrics, her voice, the nod to Hello. Now, what do you think these lyrics are about? 

I changed who I was to put you both first

But now I give up

She mentioned that the album will be like an explanation to her son about the past 5 years of her life and their family life, so when she says both, I'm assuming she means her (former?) husband and her son? 

18 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I liked it! The lyrics, her voice, the nod to Hello. Now, what do you think these lyrics are about? 

I changed who I was to put you both first

But now I give up

She mentioned that the album will be like an explanation to her son about the past 5 years of her life and their family life, so when she says both, I'm assuming she means her (former?) husband and her son? 

Exactly 

• Love 1

I feel she isn't growing artistically. If anything, she's declining.

Skyfall was her most experimental song so far and I think it's one of her best because it isn't the typical Adele song.

This one, again is so Adele, predictable and safe. 

The lyrics are great and she sounds great too there's no doubt about that but how many songs in the same style does one need from 1 artist? 

I get she has her vibe but that doesn't mean she can explore more instruments besides the piano you know...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I feel she isn't growing artistically. If anything, she's declining.

Skyfall was her most experimental song so far and I think it's one of her best because it isn't the typical Adele song.

This one, again is so Adele, predictable and safe. 

The lyrics are great and she sounds great too there's no doubt about that but how many songs in the same style does one need from 1 artist? 

I get she has her vibe but that doesn't mean she can explore more instruments besides the piano you know...

It is so boring in every sense. Not just the cadence, the melody, the pace and even the bland lyrics, but as you say, the lack of change. Piano driven ballad, classically arranged. I like her self reflection, but this could have come out in 2015 or 2012 and it would have sounded the same. 

• Love 2

I don't get what's the big deal with Adele tbh never truly got her phenomenon. It's the same old sad song over and over again. There's no variety in her music catalog whatsoever. I know she's not the type to put on a leotard and doing hairflips in the rain to the dance beat and im not expecting her to do so.... but for god's sake do something different for once, step out of your comfort zone, take a risk, evolve, experiment with some other music genres... :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block