Adele returns with "Easy On Me" OUT NOW!

I like the song...but it feels more of the same from Adele from 6 years ago.  I feel this isn't going to have the staying power of Hello. 

Hello had its own special uniqueness to it with the quiet start and picks up in the middle and ends up with a powerful chorus at the end.  The melody was also identifiable right away. 

The song is a beautiful  sad song. But has nothing that makes it stand out.

• Like 3

This is amazing!!!!! The melody, her voice and the emotion!!! Yes it’s a bit the same thing she serves, but only she can get away with that. It will be a huge hit, and you can go ahead and bookmark me. I also think she’s very aware that she serves the same concept, which is why she takes lengthy breaks to not annoy us. I kinda want my boyfriend to break up with me so I can enjoy it even more!!! 🤣🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

On one hand I’m bored, but I do think it’s a fitting and familiar start for her album journey. I saw someone who said this might be a sequel to hello since she moved into the windy country home and now she is moving out and moving on so maybe that will lead us into her new direction as a single woman with something more uptempo and different 

Ok... just watched/listened to it.

Good aspects:

• She looks stunning
  • Her voice is a gift, we all know that
  • There are more than two people in her video... nice!
  • This lyric: I changed who I was to put you both first but now I give up... I guess she's talking about her son and husband... ultimately giving the latter up... :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Not so good:

• Same piano ballad we know

Last thoughts:

I couldn't feel anything, and I wanted to... it's not that I didn't like it, but nothing moved in me :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I hope it grows on me, though.

I usually like Adele's second singles better than the lead one, so let's wait.

Holy F! This is gold!!!! The opening lines of the song … the way she hits those ‘eeee’s” is simply breathtaking. Her voice is effortless. Lyrics timeless. Song a classic already. So glad she is sticking to her style and did not change anything but just added more. I simply love it! Bravo! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block