Britney Album: Single Choices

I’ve been listening to the Britney album and realised what a good album it really was. It’s not one I listen to that often. 

Slave 4 U was a real risk for Britney to choose as lead single considering her last lead was Oops which was a naturally commercial pop song and the perfect lead. 

Looking back on the album as a whole what would you have chosen as the singles from the Britney album? Or would you keep it the same? 

My choice would be

1. I’m A Slave 4 U
  2. Cinderella 
  3. Overprotected
  4. Lonely
  5. Boys or Bombastic Love
  • Love 3

In my little perfect, convoluted world:

1. Slave
  2. I Run Away
  3. Lonely
  4. Boys
  5. Cinderella/Before the Goodbye

I always thought I Run Away would have been a better ballad choice than INAGNYAW, but it didn’t make the standard addition of the album. 

Same with Before the Goodbye. I’m still on the fence about BTG as a single because it really didn’t fit the overall sound of the album. I can understand why all those deluxe edition tracks were left off initially.

Although I will say IRA, BTG, and the others are way better than what ended up on the album and are career highlights…but ya know. BTG sounded very In The Zone, so it would have made a good transition single into that era.

I also would have hated to see those flop because of that stupid radio boycott. 

I feel kinda obligated toward Anticipating in some way. It was fun. 

1. Overprotected
  2. I'm a Slave 4 U
  3. Cinderella
  4. Lonely
  5. Bombastic Love

Not a Girl and I Love Rock 'n' Roll should've been released just as singles for the soundtrack of the movie, and so Boys with the Austin Powers movie. 

If those previous three weren't released, or not part of this album, then I'd venture to add more singles such as Let Me Be, What It's Like to Be Me and maybe even Before the Goodbye 

• Love 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have rearranged and switched it up like this:

1. What It’s Like To Be Me, released during *NSYNC’s “Celebrity” album release around summer of 2001 as a buzz single with a hot Y2K-themed James Bond-esque video of Britney and Justin chasing eachother around in the city. Can you imagine the slayage? :melt_weird_drift_wow:
2. I’m a Slave 4 U, as is
3. Let Me Be, as a promotional release around Fall of 2001. I would merge together clips of Britney on the set of her photoshoots and BTS footage of her on the set of tour and music videos. It would have been everything and required minimal effort on her label.
4. Overprotected - a hybrid mix of both the original and Darkchild Remix, similar to the OHT version.
5. I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, as is
6. That’s Where You Take Me, as a Britney Spears Live from Las Vegas promotional release during the Winter of 2002 with the limited-release music video included.
7. Lonely, an urban remix rearranged by Darkchild released during Spring of 2002. Would have been the hottest pop song and video of the year i fear. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:
8. Before The Goodbye, REMASTERED with a proper bridge because wheww, this song HAD potential but it just seemed rush on parts on the final version.
9. Boys The Co-Ed Remix, as is 

I would also just keep Anticipating as a France-release the way it is and somehow incorporated Cinderella into a commercial or something because that song deserved more recognition.