as a pokemon fan, im so sad Britney was not the major artist for their 25th anniv.

2 hours ago, Nickey said:

I thought @PokemonSpearswould be behind a thread like this:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Well I did complain back in the day when the project was first announced earlier this year. The thing is since the very beginning they announced the partnership was with Universal Music, so even if there was no conservatorship, hiatus, etc, she wouldn't have been picked for this.

The entire selection of people for this record feels very detached of what the general fanbase would've preferred. Most of the older fans, which are a lot for a franchise like Pokémon, don't feel identified with any of the artists selected here (I mean, Post Malone for example was born just one year before Pokémon came out) and going by the numbers of the youtube videos they've released so far, apparently not even the young fans are interested in the music they've put out, which feels completely unrelated to any of the videogames or even the anime. 

• Like 1

See I remember seeing on Exhale YEARS ago that she recorded the opening theme for a Pokémon movie but her version was never released. 

This may have been a rumor but if it was already completed I feel like this anniversary album would have been the perfect project to release it if it was true and just remained unused. 

Well, I for one will say, I’m happy they’re back on track! They’re back to when eras would start together!

Now, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are launching right on time for Britney’s Freedom Era!

And the names fit Brit! 
Pokémon and Britney are like Cereal and Milk :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud: