Is it true that Believe could be used by a man?

Lou

• Super Mods

It’s still sweet but very uni***. Get the newer version, the one without the metal top with her signature, in a good way the reformulation makes it fresher as the original was sickly sweet and syrupy. 

Im a guy and I wear it, the patchouli makes it very manly while the guava makes it very fresh. 

I say it’s more uni*** than Prerogative 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

perfumes or scents being gendered is just another one of those s**ist things that society ingrains in our heads since we are born, but the truth is you can wear whatever fragrance you want.

That said, I've bought Believe, and it smells like what an old woman would smell like :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Nothing "manly" about it, but it's far from those floral, sweet fragrances that distinguish most of Britney's perfumes.

I don't know about that newer version that Puppy talks about, but I got mine just like 3 or 4 years ago and I didn't like it dboe9n6-557757f3-7c62-41cd-94a5-e2a35db9

I usually don't wear perfumes, but when I used to go out before pandemic, I would wear the Prerogative or Fantasy Circus. I even wore Intimate Fantasy a few times, though I stopped wearing it, not because it was too "girly" but because at the end of the day I smelled like I had fallen in a candy jar or something.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
45 minutes ago, Puppy said:

It’s still sweet but very uni***. Get the newer version, the one without the metal top with her signature, in a good way the reformulation makes it fresher as the original was sickly sweet and syrupy. 

Im a guy and I wear it, the patchouli makes it very manly while the guava makes it very fresh. 

I say it’s more uni*** than Prerogative 

I hear the opposite. I hear the old version has more of the patchouli and the new version has more guava, but I could be wrong lol

Perfume or cologne, can be used by anybody.

Like @PokemonSpearssaid. 

It's just outdated marketing. 

I love fantasy, thank u, next and Rihanna's nude. 

Female marketing perfume, but research shows in articles they only did that cos of where the money would come in the most. So In these cases it's the gays who knows that they rock a feminine scent better than a masculine one and the girls who would love to smell like their pop idol

The money from these two audiences is why they never tested a cologne.  Cos if it would fail, it would be disastrous. 

But to be fair I don't think they try to market when it comes to pop stars outside the queen stereotype for gay men. Cos that's probably the big audience portion of the shows with their girlfriends for a girls night out..

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
47 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

I hear the opposite. I hear the old version has more of the patchouli and the new version has more guava, but I could be wrong lol

No you’re right, the old one was heavy on the patchouli but it was super syrupy, it was heavy which makes it perfume like while the new one smells like a watered down version but in a good way that guys can pull it off as there’s a hint of spiciness to it like a juicy shower gel smell so you can just sass the person questioning your “feminine” choice then you can say “that just means I showered”

• Super Mods
12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

perfumes or scents being gendered is just another one of those s**ist things that society ingrains in our heads since we are born, but the truth is you can wear whatever fragrance you want.

That said, I've bought Believe, and it smells like what an old woman would smell like :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Nothing "manly" about it, but it's far from those floral, sweet fragrances that distinguish most of Britney's perfumes.

I don't know about that newer version that Puppy talks about, but I got mine just like 3 or 4 years ago and I didn't like it dboe9n6-557757f3-7c62-41cd-94a5-e2a35db9

I usually don't wear perfumes, but when I used to go out before pandemic, I would wear the Prerogative or Fantasy Circus. I even wore Intimate Fantasy a few times, though I stopped wearing it, not because it was too "girly" but because at the end of the day I smelled like I had fallen in a candy jar or something.

I have the newer version right now and it smells lighter ( no metal top) it’s funny you said granny like, it kinda does but I interpret that as more “sweaty” like. Definitely her most unique scent to me. 

I'm a woman, believe is my favourite (next to midnight fantasy)

I like it though because it isn't so heavily sweet like the fantasies are. I'd say if you aren't looking for a traditional "masculine" scent then yes, Believe could be worn by a man

As someone else mentioned, it is a bit of an "older" scent but that's likely the patchouli giving that feel. I'm only 31, def not a granny. 

I haven't smelled prerogative, but Believe is very different than any of her other fragrances imo but honestly fragrance comes down to personal preference and any fragrance also tends to smell slightly different on each person as it reacts with your own chemistry. So you may love a scent on someone else, and not like it at all on your own body.

Believe can usually be found in discount sections of **** stores, so take a chance and try it, and worst case scenario if you don't like it, give it to someone else. Or if nothing else, it's a beautiful bottle and looks nice on a vanity/shelf