Do u think the label won’t do anything to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Britney’s self titled

rik

Like just out of respect for her situation? Or do you think they’ll do a sort of record store day thing again where they release the album on a picture disc, and another bsides and remixes thing?

now that britneys in control over her life, 🧿 or at least likely to be starting this November🍀🤞, do you think they’ll let her just brand rest? 

discuss 

• Like 1

I don't know, people have asked before, but I'm not sure. They would've announced something already :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The anniversary of the US release is November 6, but it actually came out in Japan on October 31st so, yeah, I think at this point we would've heard something already. I was expecting at least Urban Outfitters to release some new vinyl edition, but it seems like they don't care.

But who knows, I think Kylie Minogue dropped the Fever anniversary vinyl and cassette a few days ago without a previous announcement, but I don't follow her that much to know if the fans already knew about it

• Love 2

I’m pretty sure the label views the situation as “too hot” to touch right now. They’ll probably wait till the next hearing before doing anything. And even then, it would now have to be on Britney’s terms.

Actually, if criminal activity is found and there is basis to call this entire conservatorship unlawful, many contracts signed during the time may no longer be legally binding,

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens when a “hybrid business model” simply vanished from a business while simultaneously undoing all of its own progress.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know, people have asked before, but I'm not sure. They would've announced something already :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The anniversary of the US release is November 6, but it actually came out in Japan on October 31st so, yeah, I think at this point we would've heard something already. I was expecting at least Urban Outfitters to release some new vinyl edition, but it seems like they don't care.

But who knows, I think Kylie Minogue dropped the Fever anniversary vinyl and cassette a few days ago without a previous announcement, but I don't follow her that much to know if the fans already knew about it

The fever edition sold out fast. 

Us fans was pissed as it went live when we were asleep.  So it was like 10 minutes and it was gone. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I’m sure the label does not give a single **** about Britney…Not even once have they come out in support of her, and why? Because technically Ruptured Colon was their client. I hope she changes label to be honest.

I hope so too. They have been compliant w his abuse 

36 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

All to be released November 12, 2021

Britney: Freedom Edition (20th anniversary)

Freedom Fantasy fragrance

New merch in the britneyspears.com store

Project Rose Documentary by Britney

"Drinking To My Freedom" single from 10th and final album

Announcing retirement and final world tour

Ok but wtf is project rose 

Just now, Rik said:

I hope so too

Rumors are the glory fan edition is to srap up the contract before it becomes invalid.

So they wanna make sure the money they paid for the renewal gets used well and not have to be given back. Cos once a contract if legally fulfilled they don't owe nothing.

That's why the glory reissues jep happening. It does count as it's not treated as a compilation but new album with added material 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It was the case for the Aaliyah records too. It was legit a month before announcing everything would be on vinyl. I mean different scenario ofc, but no one expected those to ever be re released. Had I known I would’ve never unwrapped my Aaliyah records that could’ve been worth over one grand haha

as for the Britney record, should I just buy the self titled on vinyl then? Like they’re unlikely to release the record with Before the Goodbye and all of that right? Or should I wait for January just to see if they put anything out. I have I’m a slave 4 u on vinyl and I have Boys (but it’s part of this super cool compilation) 

23 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I thought we’d get the pic disk vinyl like the 1st 2, and some online store merch, but something tells me they did the 1st 2 cause they’re universally known iconic britney albums. 

this is true and there is a difference I guess between how well received self titled was vs the previous two…. But I feel like they should just opt for a picture disc anyway, because Slave on its own is so well known and iconic by today’s standards 

7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Outside the limited edition picture disc. I expect not so much. 

The last two times was just a picture disc and clothing. 

So they never cared for it.  

Like the Spice girls are doing. Kylie and others are as well.

It was just treated as this is basically it.

We don't care why should you. 

very true 

1 hour ago, britneyeurope said:

Well jive doesn't exist anymore,so who's gonna publish that

They have though, all of her albums have been distributed on vinyl to Urban Outfitters and Amazon via RCA

3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

They didn’t do anything for the other anniversaries so i don’t think they will do anything for this either. Maybe a new vinyl?

i guess I’m mainly inquiring about a new vinyl ! I want before the goodbye on vinyl for my own selfish reasons however….. like @ChaosMoogle said, I would only want something on britneys terms because from here on out, I am hoping it will be. I hope all the money from the vinyls and stuff all goes back to her, even if “she” only really made a small percentage of the vinyl sales in the first place 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

So they wanna make sure the money they paid for the renewal gets used well and not have to be given back. Cos once a contract if legally fulfilled they don't owe nothing.

That's why the glory reissues jep happening. It does count as it's not treated as a compilation but new album with added material 

Honestly I wouldn’t mind a few more glory tracks but I am sick of this re release of the album. 

• Like 1