Britney Spears + Dr. Luke (EP)

Series 6: Analyzing Britney's iconic producers (the infamous Dr. Luke).

Lukasz Gottwald, known professionally as Dr. Luke, Tyson Trax, and Made in China, is an American record producer, songwriter, and singer. His professional music career began in the late-night television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live as its house band's lead guitarist in 1997 and producing remixes for artists such as Bon Jovi and Gravediggaz. He came into music prominence in 2004 for producing Kelly Clarkson's single “Since U Been Gone” with Swedish record producer Max Martin.

He has worked with Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Taio Cruz, B.o.B Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, T.I., Flo Rida, Miley Cyrus, Jessie J, Ne-Yo, Shakira, and Pitbull. As the founder of Kemosabe Records, Gottwald has signed artists such as Kesha, Doja Cat, Juicy J, R. City, Lil Bibby and Elliphant. In October 2014, Kesha initiated a series of lawsuits, alleging ***ual assault and abuse by Gottwald.

With Britney Spears, he has participated in the following albums: ‘Circus’ (2008), ‘Femme Fatale’ (2011), ‘The Smurfs 2 soundtrack’ (2013), and ‘Britney Jean’ (2013).

Songs:

1) “Circus” (2008)

2) “Shattered Glass” (2008)

3) “Lace and Leather” (2008)

4) “Hold It Against Me” (2011)

5) “Till The World Ends” (2011)

6) “Inside Out” (2011)

7) “Seal It with a Kiss” (2011)

8) “Gasoline” (2011)

9) “Ooh La La (From The Smurfs 2)” (2013)

10) “Brightest Morning Star” (2013)

Uhm… they shouldn't work together anymore.

2 hours ago, Joman82 said:

Series 6: Analyzing Britney's iconic producers (the infamous Dr. Luke).

Lukasz Gottwald, known professionally as Dr. Luke, Tyson Trax, and Made in China, is an American record producer, songwriter, and singer. His professional music career began in the late-night television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live as its house band's lead guitarist in 1997 and producing remixes for artists such as Bon Jovi and Gravediggaz. He came into music prominence in 2004 for producing Kelly Clarkson's single “Since U Been Gone” with Swedish record producer Max Martin.

He has worked with Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Taio Cruz, B.o.B Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, T.I., Flo Rida, Miley Cyrus, Jessie J, Ne-Yo, Shakira, and Pitbull. As the founder of Kemosabe Records, Gottwald has signed artists such as Kesha, Doja Cat, Juicy J, R. City, Lil Bibby and Elliphant. In October 2014, Kesha initiated a series of lawsuits, alleging ***ual assault and abuse by Gottwald.

With Britney Spears, he has participated in the following albums: ‘Circus’ (2008), ‘Femme Fatale’ (2011), ‘The Smurfs 2 soundtrack’ (2013), and ‘Britney Jean’ (2013).

Songs:

1) “Circus” (2008)

2) “Shattered Glass” (2008)

3) “Lace and Leather” (2008)

4) “Hold It Against Me” (2011)

5) “Till The World Ends” (2011)

6) “Inside Out” (2011)

7) “Seal It with a Kiss” (2011)

8) “Gasoline” (2011)

9) “Ooh La La (From The Smurfs 2)” (2013)

10) “Brightest Morning Star” (2013)

Uhm… they shouldn't work together anymore.

She looked so young and fresh in that Circus video, it's crazy how different she looked just 2 and a half years later in the Femme Fatale era

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

I separate music and art from personal matters. 

Then love his work, would have been a better choice of words lol

Some of these songs are good. Circus,  TTWE is a bop. But his sound is also a bit dated. And unlike Max Martin, doesn’t have that wow factor IMO. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Peter Pan said:

Then love his work, would have been a better choice of words lol

Some of these songs are good. Circus,  TTWE is a bop. But his sound is also a bit dated. And unlike Max Martin, doesn’t have that wow factor IMO. 

Well I'm actually attracted to him as well tho :orangu_orangutan_ape::britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black::werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative: Dr. Luke can get it. I'll spank him for what he did to our Keesha

3 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Wasn’t Inside Out produced by Billboard?

Yeah I think I mentioned this in the Max Martin thread, but apparently he produced the song and wasn't credited for it. They instead credited Dr Luke/Max Martin who only wrote the song.

Anyways, I quite like a lot of Dr Luke's songs including the ones he did for Britney. But I don't support him as a person at all.

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1
On 10/3/2021 at 2:09 PM, boyinthemirror said:

Shattered Glass, Hold It Against Me, Inside Out and Circus aside, the rest lowkey suck. Sorry not sorry, her discography is way too good for some of these bland songs  :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad: She should never work with him again, I agree.

"Shattered Glass" is a BOP!!!

• Love 2