Fan asks Dua Lipa for a photo, but she says she's busy walking

I swear fans are sometimes worse than paparazzi. Be thoughtful and respect her space... :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

I knew Dua since Last Dance and I think it's very sad what happened after she became mainstream. So many people who don't even like her act like they're her biggest fans just because she's "in" and she's the epitome of how a beautiful woman "should look like". Look how the "fan" shared this and insulted her on social media after the encounter :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses: People don't listen or genuinely enjoy music, their bonds with their idols are not special... It's all fake and pretend.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I mean if I had someone charging at me with a bike all frazzled and I was walking my dog I would’ve said no too :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

But if you're a celeb isn't that what you would expect? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I mean it's beyond me why he would be excited to get a picture with ha but nontheless she still has a cute little number of followers and maybe he just wanted to impress y'all on tiktok and instagram :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: he was just excited, cut your Loves some slack. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Edited by Midnight
  • Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

I think that artist and entertainer already give so much of themselves as it is in what they do, in what they share, that even doing something as basic as walking a pet draws in a lot of attention on top of all the attention they receive.

Additionally, I would be concerned for my safety if I were as recognized by the world as they are.  Christina Grimmie was shot to death while signing autographs for fans after her concert.  Celebs can be grateful for their fans and can choose to keep their personal space personal

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Midnight said:

But if you're a celeb isn't that what you would expect? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I mean it's beyond me why he would be excited to get a picture with ha but nontheless she still has a cute little number of followers and maybe he just wanted to impress y'all on tiktok and instagram :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: he was just excited, cut your Loves some slack. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I mean I am empathetic after what Britney has gone through, but I do agree she should’ve just said “sorry not right now.” Once, at a Rachel Platten concert my sister and I caught her briefly in the lobby and stopped to tell her what a good set she had and how much I loved her music and asked for a picture. She very sweetly told me she needed to find a restroom but would be right back and I completely understood. Dua was probably just startled by the manic fan. I mean can’t blame him, but he did need to have some chill 

• Love 2

Let them be .. I have seen tons of celebs in NYC  when I go to work.. most you do not even recognize. Yet when you realize oh thats so and so.. who cares .. keep walking or ok whatever .. sometimes cool  .  Let them be . My job was below a celebrity agency and only one celebrity man I disliked .. His more famous wife was sweet and smiles and said thank you for holding the door .. .. yet he was rude to me while I held the door for them so I could go to work. Her I liked .. him instantly thought .. “F U “ .  Dua I would not know, yet I like some of her music .. I just do not know her face like Britneys . No do I follow her . If I met her I would still not know her .. Just never cared 🤷🏼‍♂️.. The girl saying she’s  rude for not taking a photo is rude. Leave Dua alone . Sorry just how I feel . 

I met her a while back, as she came in for a performance at the resort I worked at and I dealt with meeting her and her family and dealing with their transportation. 

The entire family was hyped but she was soft spoken and clearly exhausted. I spoke to her, and offered congratulations on her Grammy nominations, told her that I'm a fan and what not (not asking for a photo because she was clearly physically done), and she was so sweet and humble. Me congratulating her and not asking for a photo seemed to have taken her a back a little and she seemed really grateful for the genuine compliment. 

I do believe she could've been a little more tactful in her response here, but I can imagine how tiring her life must be, and just getting that little break to walk her dog gives her some peace. Had he not approach her with the camera recording already he may have gotten a different response. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block